Is your listing easy to reach for people who don’t drive?

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Is your listing easy to reach for people who don’t drive?

Sybe_0-1661437705978.jpeg

Hey everyone,

When going on holiday, getting around can be a challenge on its own, and having public transport available can make this a lot easier for your guests. Of course, some guests prefer to get around by car rather than public transport, and plan their holidays around that mode of transportation (e.g. my parents), or perhaps choose to rent a car on location. Whether you host in a busy centre or off the beaten tracks, guests’ journeys will take very different shapes and forms!

Is your listing easy to reach for people who don’t drive? What other solutions are there for your guests, and do you advertise those or have advice on communicating them?  

Let me know in the comments!

Sybe

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

18 Replies 18
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Sybe unfortunately we do not have good public transport in rural Australia due to the size of the country and the size of our population.

The nearest railway station is 25km away. The local bus service has 2 bus routes into the major town and railways a day.

Therefore our guests have to have private transport and we have a parking space onsite.

Beth80
Level 10
State of Roraima, Brazil

@Sybe  My central location is a huge drawing point for my guests. With two restaurants across the street, a grocery store within a 5 min walk. Being downtown also means that Ubers are always near by. Very few of my guests come by car nor do they rent. Our bus system leaves a lot to be desired so is not used by visitors.  

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

I'm very close to a subway station. Very big plus!

Rural areas in my country are almost inaccessible by public transport. "On paper" there is some kind of public transport everywhere. Even to the most distant villages there is some kind of transport- bus or even train. In fact...the situation is far then worse. One train/24h or two buses/day. Just an unusable public service!

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Hi @Sybe My place is name "Hidden Space" so it is hidden as the name 🙂 . We do provide clear guide picture of how to find out place.

One of the key point I found very helpful, is listing our place on Google map and that make my guests found a place. In the beginning, Google map didn't even show our street as it was too small. So after, I put my place in. I also ask google to add our home street to in a map. it take time but tern out very well. Another benefit is guest can use Grab App ( it is similar to Uber ) to call a car to get to our place easy.