Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Laundry - should I allow guests to use the washing machine?

Answered!
Anisa60
Level 2
Baltonsborough, United Kingdom

Laundry - should I allow guests to use the washing machine?

Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on allowing guests to use the washing machine? Do you charge extra for the detergent and electric? Do you let them use the tumble dryer included in the original price of the room? 

Top Answer
Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Anisa60 I have one of those combo washer dryer units in my listing. I provide a limited number of capsules for the wash. Since it's not a room, but an apartment, they can pretty much use it as much as they want if they buy more detergent I suppose. I run into some who do buy detergent and wash everything they brought several times before they leave, I do have those who never even touch the machine. It evens out at the end. 

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

In your listing you state you have a washing machine and clothes dryer @Anisa60 , so you need to give guests access to these amenities.

I have in my house rules that a guests staying five days or more can do one wash. This stops guests only staying for a few nights don't try and do multiple washes. 

Anisa60
Level 2
Baltonsborough, United Kingdom

Brilliant idea thank you for your advice 🙂

Nur785
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Anisa60 I have one of those combo washer dryer units in my listing. I provide a limited number of capsules for the wash. Since it's not a room, but an apartment, they can pretty much use it as much as they want if they buy more detergent I suppose. I run into some who do buy detergent and wash everything they brought several times before they leave, I do have those who never even touch the machine. It evens out at the end.