Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Please help - Need some suggestions on my listing

Sukhpreet1
Level 2
Chestermere, Canada

Please help - Need some suggestions on my listing

Hello everyone, I need some advise how I can upgrade my listing?

Please share some constructive suggestions!

e50ad04a-975a-4c87-9f0f-926271b63afe copy.png

9 Replies 9
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Sukhpreet1 ,

I had a quick look at your listing and I think there is room for improvement in the photos, maybe this guide of mine can help you:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-How-to-best-photograph-your-home-with-you...

good luck!

Andrea

Hello @Sukhpreet1 , 

I would add captions to your pictures describing amenities and what makes each room special and ideal for the guest. 

Jamilah10
Level 1
Luton, United Kingdom

Hi @Sukhpreet1 ,

I would suggest you be open to  taking on board guests feedback. Comments can vary and not everything is sensible but sometimes guests  mention points that are valuble and could help you make your listing more comfortable.

Kind regards,

Jamilah 

Hi Sukhpreet1

Lana1222
Level 3
Bathsheba, Barbados

Hello Sukpreet1! The pictures are lovely- great use of neutral colours. Do  you have any views of the lake or any outdoors?  Or do you have any wall paintings which can add at least a colour (eg orange or yellow). If so , that may highlight either the dining or living areas. Beautifully done and all the best!

Jennifer4879
Level 1
Lewiston, ID

Hello Sukhpreet!

I would also include a photo of the front of the house so people know what to look for when finding the place. It would be helpful to make sure you are at the right place! I also agree that some decor or something on the walls might make it feel more comfortable. 

Also, a check-list for your cleaning crew would ensure they double check the rooms. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Sukhpreet1, there are many great suggestions from our hosts here 😍

Have you thought about adding some photos of the lake or the outdoors, as suggested by our hosts?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Helen3514
Level 2
United Kingdom

Hello Sukhpreet 

What a lovely place you have. 

My tip would be to make the beds look as crisp and fresh as possible - as few creases on the bed linen as possible - think of the way hotel beds looks. You can achieve this by firmly tucking the line under the mattress to create a cleaner line. 

It's simple and doesn't cost - but makes all the difference 😊

Oksana127
Level 10
Riga, Latvia

@Sukhpreet1 Hi there!

Your Airbnb listing has a lot of potential, but here are a few design tips that can help upgrade your space and attract more guests:

1. Brighten Up the Space: Consider adding more lighting, especially in the living room and bedroom. A combination of floor lamps and table lamps with warm white bulbs can make the space feel more inviting and cozy.

2. Add a Splash of Color: While neutral tones are safe, a few pops of color can make the space feel more lively and memorable. Try adding colorful cushions, throws, or artwork to give the rooms some character.

3. Declutter and Simplify Decor: Less is often more in design. Streamlining the decorations will help the space feel more open and relaxing. Choose a few high-quality decor items like elegant wall art or a statement plant.

4. Add Greenery: Indoor plants can make a big difference in making the space feel fresher and more welcoming. Consider adding a couple of low-maintenance plants to liven up the room.

5. Upgrade Bedding: Opt for a higher thread count for your sheets and throw in a few plush pillows or a nice bed throw. This can enhance the perception of luxury and comfort for guests.

6. Modernize the Kitchen: If possible, upgrade small details in the kitchen, such as stylish hardware (handles or knobs) or a more modern backsplash. If a full renovation isn't possible, small touches like matching kitchenware or a neatly displayed coffee station can elevate the overall look.

7. Bathroom Touch-Up: A spa-like bathroom is always a hit with guests. Add fresh, fluffy towels and perhaps a nice set of matching toiletries. Also, consider a simple, clean shower curtain or even minor tile updates to enhance the vibe.

8. Better Use of Wall Space: Large, empty walls can feel a bit dull. Adding some well-curated artwork or mirrors can help make the room feel more dynamic and stylish.

9. Create a Cozier Seating Area: Add a few soft throw blankets, pillows, or even a small rug to the seating area. This will give guests a sense of comfort and make it feel like a perfect place to relax.

10. Showcase Unique Local Elements: If your location has a unique culture or history, incorporate some subtle decor items that reflect that. It helps guests feel more connected to the area and can serve as a talking point in your listing description.

By focusing on these small but impactful design improvements, your listing will feel more polished, welcoming, and memorable to guests!

Best of luck with your hosting!