New Airbnb Lock integration

Micha7196
Level 2
Portland, OR

New Airbnb Lock integration

Hi,

I am trying to discover what the new smart lock integration Airbnb offers looks like from the guest’s point of view. I tried calling Airbnb directly to get this information, but the person I spoke with quite obviously didn’t understand the questions I was asking.

As a host, it’s important we know what the guest is seeing. Can they view the code within the reservation? If so, exactly where? When will the guest first be notified of the code? If it’s not until the day of the stay, are they informed of that in advance so that they don’t worry and send us panic messages asking where their code is the day before?

Essentially, I want to have a more nuanced understanding of how this integration works, so that I can dial in my own messaging.

Can anyone provide it? Again, I already tried calling Airbnb and they were pretty useless at answering these questions. It feels like there should be a video or something that shows us the interface from the guest perspective.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Maggie633
Level 2
Laguna Beach, CA

Hi @Micha7196 !

I don’t have a smart lock and I’m sorry you had that experience with the representative. when I come across a situation where I don’t get answers to my questions I simply call back because some representatives have more experience and others.
Good luck.

Maggie 😊