Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

No Internet service

Petia1
Level 2
North Myrtle Beach, SC

No Internet service

I just bought a property in Blue Ridge Mountains. Come to find out internet will not be available . I called the 

“ Nature Magic”  Help …. How should I market ? My concern is it will not make the investment I need her to make. 

4 Replies 4
Kyle1029
Level 1
South Saint Paul, MN

@Petia1 Have you considered Starlink satellite internet? Less expensive than I would have thought. 

Hi Petia,

Without internet access, you can turn the challenge into a unique selling point by marketing your property as a true "off-the-grid" retreat. Many travelers are specifically seeking escapes from technology and modern distractions to reconnect with nature, themselves, or their loved ones. Here are some tips on how to market your property effectively:

1. Emphasize the Disconnect, but Offer Internet as an Option

Market your property as a "digital detox" or "off-the-grid" retreat where guests can escape the noise of modern life and reconnect with nature. Use language like:

"Unplug and unwind in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains."

"A sanctuary where nature takes center stage, without the distractions of emails or notifications."

But also offer an optional mobile hotspot or satellite internet for guests who need to check in for work or stay connected. Providers like HughesNet or Viasat offer internet services in remote locations where traditional broadband isn't available. While speeds may be slower than typical home internet, it's reliable for basic needs like browsing and emailing. If cellular reception is available, you can provide a mobile hotspot using a data plan from carriers like Verizon or AT&T. Another alternative is Starlink (by SpaceX). Frame it as an add-on for those who prefer a balance of peace and connectivity:

"For those who need to stay connected, we offer an optional Wi-Fi package."

2. Create an Experience Around Nature

Focus on the features your property has to offer in terms of the surrounding environment—whether it's hiking trails, nearby lakes, or stunning mountain views. Present it as a place to completely unwind:

"Experience true relaxation with breathtaking views, wildlife, and activities like hiking, stargazing, and campfires under the stars."

3. Highlight the Privacy and Seclusion

People crave privacy when they book a getaway. Play up the fact that your property is isolated, perfect for couples, families, or even solo adventurers looking for peace:

"A secluded retreat in the mountains, perfect for those seeking solitude and serenity."

By marketing it this way, you position your property as a unique getaway and, by offering alternative internet solutions, attract a wider audience—those who want to disconnect and those who want the option to stay connected.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with theCommunity Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.

Petia1
Level 2
North Myrtle Beach, SC

Thank you 

Oluwasina0
Level 2
Birmingham, United Kingdom

@Alicia753 This is a brilliant approach!