Quest Entrance and Smart Locks

Answered!
Cheri405
Level 1
Weldon Spring, MO

Quest Entrance and Smart Locks

We are new host and are in the process of buying the property.  The best door for guest to  enter the  house is through the garage door.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a system where you can give the guest access to enter into the garage and then another code for door going into the house?

Top Answer
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Quincy @Cheri405 

As far as I know, if you are entering through the garage's car door, it would be best to install a weather-poof outdoor keypad next to the garage door. In addition, you can have a standard door-fit type smart lock on the door where you enter the house.

As you are in North America, you should be able to integrate the door lock with Airbnb (so that the guest automatically receives the code on the app, and it's valid only for that guest's stay). From what I've read here in the community center, you presently can't yet integrate more than one lock per listing on the app (so you'll have to manage the code to the garage keypad yourself).

You can search for "smart keypad" to see your options for opening the garage door (I'm not sure which brands are available in your area). I think first prize would be to get the electrician who installs it involved before you buy. 

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5

@Cheri405 See if you can find a double lock which can use the same code or just buy two and give them both the same code. I change mine each time and use the last 4 digits of the guest’s phone number, then deactivate it when they check out.

@Debbie1192 Thank you, but I am looking for a reliable system for the actual garage door system where I can change the code, in addition to the door in the garage that goes into the house.  

Bronwyn100
Level 10
Hardys Bay, Australia

Obviously if they are going to park in the garage it should not be a problem. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Cheri405Welcome to the community and congratulations on becoming a new host! 

Your property looks absolutely beautiful and seems like the perfect spot for a family beach holiday.

I’m tagging @Shelley159 here because she mentioned some software solutions for electronically opening communal gates in another discussion. She might have some useful insights for you!

Additionally, since you're new to Hosting, I would also recommend that you ask the Community for listing critique as it could be very helpful receiving feedback from fellow Hosts. Read more on how to ask listing critique by clicking here👈

I hope this helps!

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Quincy @Cheri405 

As far as I know, if you are entering through the garage's car door, it would be best to install a weather-poof outdoor keypad next to the garage door. In addition, you can have a standard door-fit type smart lock on the door where you enter the house.

As you are in North America, you should be able to integrate the door lock with Airbnb (so that the guest automatically receives the code on the app, and it's valid only for that guest's stay). From what I've read here in the community center, you presently can't yet integrate more than one lock per listing on the app (so you'll have to manage the code to the garage keypad yourself).

You can search for "smart keypad" to see your options for opening the garage door (I'm not sure which brands are available in your area). I think first prize would be to get the electrician who installs it involved before you buy.