Schlage Encode Plus

Drew2062
Level 2
Denver, CO

Schlage Encode Plus

I'm looking to replace my Yale Assure SL lock because it never generated codes automatically/integrated with Airbnb. I have another Yale lock that does this with no problem at all.

I'm really interested in the Schlage Encode Plus as I have read somewhere that it now automatically generate codes when paired with Airbnb (versus having to subscribe to some service like Remotelock to make this happen).  Can anyone confirm that the Schlage Encode Plus does this? I really don't want to have to subscribe to an additional service to have this feature.

16 Replies 16

Ah, this is quite interesting! I don’t have the chops to do what you did with seam.io (at least, at this point!) but it looks quite interesting! 

I initially added my locks to HomeKit, and then tried to add them to the Schlage app…but that didn’t work. I reset them, and added them to Schlage first, but then they wouldn’t allow me to add them to HomeKit! No matter what I tried, they seem to only link to either Schlage or HomeKit! And if they are in HomeKit (for my personal convenience) then the AirBnB integration can’t see them in Schlage! Such a frustration! 

This…on top of the fact that the AirBnB integration doesn’t allow me to assign multiple locks! 

I may go off to check out seam.io. Though really what I want is to have the lock work on Schlage AND HomeKit. (By the way, the locks came with firmware 1.25 (I think), and they upgraded to 3.0.757173

My experience with the locks was that it just worked. I definitely added to the Schlage app first and then to HomeKit. I remember reading that it wouldn't work in the reverse order. I have full access to all my locks in both apps and codes I create in one show up in the other (though not with names that make them easily recognizable). I'm not sure why it's not working for you and I'm afraid it's cold comfort that it works for me, but I suppose I'm evidence that it can work in both apps. That won't make airbnb control all of the locks, but it is possible to have airbnb hook into one of them with control in both Schlage and HomeKit and full support for Home Key (for our access, not guests).