Should I charge for hot tub use or include it for all guests?

Jill899
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Should I charge for hot tub use or include it for all guests?

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a hot tub to help with bookings, I was wondering if there are hosts who price their hot tub as 'extras' and roughly how much to charge? I don't want to have to charge guests for the hot tub if they're not intending on using it as its going to be expensive to heat and this is going to have to be reflected in the price.

Does any other host charge for their hot tubs as an 'extra' that may be able to help? Or is it best to just provide this for all guests?

Many thanks.

Jill

[Tittle modified by OCM]

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Jill899 Have you investigated the health and safety implications of running a hot tub? They are onerous to say the least and after all the efforts you must have put in to pass your fire risk assessment I am amazed you want to add this to your list. Talking of fire risk assessments I am somewhat concerned you are allowed to store logs touching your woodburner as shown in your pictures.

Thanks for this helpful advice, the log burner you refer to is a gas fire which is disconnected.

BenkaandKeith0
Level 10
United States

Yes, of course. We charge 95 extra for duration of ones stay. Includes robes, outdoor towels, flip flops, candles, torches, etc.... We have otherwise no cleaning fee. This system has been working very well for us for 9 years.