Suggestions for multimedia and sound system

Martin5692
Level 1
Dresden, Germany

Suggestions for multimedia and sound system

I'm currently providing a sound system with separate DVD player, Bluetooth adapter, Android TV Box and a projector. There's also a switch to connect an external HDMI source. The cable connections are a total mess hidden behind the cupboard and turning everything on is a procedure some of the guests don't seem to be able to accomplish. Some also complained about it.

What simple solution can you suggest that includes (most of) the current functions: Bluetooth adapter, DVD, external HDMI source, TV Box for Internet TV streaming and HDMI output for a projector?

Thanks a lot in advance!

6 Replies 6
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Martin5692 

I think you can at least let the DVD go, it's unusual to still offer that (unless you have a specific reason, for example a large selection of classic DVDs).

Hi Martin,

To simplify your entertainment setup and enhance the guest experience, the best solution would be to invest in a universal remote control.

This approach allows you to maintain all the current functions like the Bluetooth adapter, DVD player, external HDMI source, TV Box for internet streaming, and HDMI output for the projector, while significantly reducing complexity for the users.

The universal remote can consolidate control of all these devices into a single, easy-to-use interface, reducing confusion and improving the overall user experience. Additionally, providing a well-illustrated, simple instruction guide alongside the remote will help guests understand how to operate the system effortlessly.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Martin5692, welcome to our community.

Have you had a chance to read the suggestions from our Hosts? I’m curious to know what you decided to do in the end.

Keep us posted! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Rose422
Level 8
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hey Martin, 

Wow for someone who barely watches any TV, I feel like you are doing too much as a host. In my opinion all guests need is a smart TV that they can connect their phones or tablets to log into their Netflix, I feel like you don't have to do so much and airbnb usually doesn't expect hosts to have those amenities. Great job if you can make it work though. If anything is complicated leave written instructions, that's the only thing you can do. I had guest who didn't know how to flip a light switch or flush the toilets so I have to go and show. 

Rose. 

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

First of all I would say a DVD player is unnecessary. We provide Netflix, Apple TV and Amazon Prime video. This is more enough options for visiting guests. Why do you have a projector? Is it in place of a TV?

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I would like to echo the replies given by other hosts on this subject matter. 

I think the only thing that's needed is a TV that has Youtube, Netflix, etc. 

Keep it as simple as possible. It should be as simple as one TV, and one remote. When you turn on the TV with the on/off button, then you click one button to access the apps for Netflix, Youtube, etc.