Toilet paper and detergent

Melissa2433
Level 3
Henderson, NV

Toilet paper and detergent

Hello everyone,

I’m a new host. Got my first booking this week. The guest will arrive in two weeks so I want to gain as much knowledge as possible from experienced hosts. 

The particular reservation consists of a one person stay in 1 of the 2 rooms I listed on Airbnb in my house—where I live (with a shared bathroom only if both rooms are booked) I have my own private bathroom. Anyway, this  particular guest booked a 3 months stay.

In the listing I mention that I will provide a specific amount of toilet paper and detergent supply for the 30 days, and after that the guest is responsible for getting their own essentials.

my question is; Since this is a 3 month stay do you think I should provide these things every 30 days until the guest checks out or is it okay to provide a 30 day supply only? I’m unsure what to do. 

Thank you in advance for your feedback. 

Melissa

21 Replies 21

@Melissa2433 I would provide enough tp for 30 days at a time. 3 months is a long time. Make sure that they pay up front through the app. Are you cleaning behind them? If yes, then you can add paper regularly. If not then give them 30 days worth upfront like I mentioned earlier. They can request more if needed. Don't worry too much. I can't imagine an adult who would expect tp for 3 months  or freak out if the landlord didn't give them 3 months worth of tp 

Karen3591
Level 2
Sun City, AZ

@Melissa2433 Yes I would supply the toilet paper trash bags paper towels with any of these that you have set up in your space.

Julie5015
Level 2
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom

Hi @Melissa2433  

Welcome to Airbnb and hosting. I accepted a two month rental during my first year of hosting. I think these are my lessons:

1. Watch out for electricity consumption, do what you can with smart tech to manage items being left on.

2. Clean the guests space once a week and provide fresh linens...you want to keep on top of cleaning so it doesn't become a big issue on departure. It also a chance to leap an eye on things and offers value for money. I do it complimentary.

3. Supply bin bags, towels, linens and loo roll. You need a good review to start your airbnb journey.

4. I ended up with a few things breaking...have contingency plans in place!

Reach out if you would like anymore help!

Jules

Martha-L27
Level 2
United States

@Melissa2433 You  can provide guest  essentials   supplies  like shampoo, soap  conditioner  towels,,let them know  that if they need something  

Muslim4
Level 7
Almaty, Kazakhstan

@Melissa2433 Three months, wow, that's a lot! Well, I don't think so. I think you can provide some decent (reasonable) amount of toilet paper, but definitely not for 3 months, it's too much. 😊 I usually try to provide it, but my guests purchase more if it's not enough for them. Toilet paper, as well as toothpaste, powder, soap are consumables, so you can't predict how much your guests will consume and you don't have to buy as much, unless you have some specific agreements or house rules (regarding consumables) that contradict with this long term stay. You can also negotiate this question upon check-in, if that's possible.

@Melissa2433 I suggest using only fragrance free products in your property. Over 20% of the population now has sensitivities to fragrances. Provide fragrance-free (not unscented as unscented adds chemicals to mask fragrance). I suggest you eliminate the toxic plug-in air fresheners and wash linens using fragrance-free detergents.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Melissa2433

You've got some really great suggestions from other Hosts here. Did any of them support you in making a decision?  If so, it's always a lovely gesture to mark it as the best answer. It's like a big virtual hug to the member who supported you. 😊

If you need any help, just shout.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines