What amenity do you provide that guests rave about?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What amenity do you provide that guests rave about?

Room

Hello everyone,

It is crazy how quickly a month can fly by! The August Host Newsletter went out last week and this was the first newsletter to include comments directly from your Newsletter posts here in the CC, which is fantastic to see. If you missed it, or if you want to rejoin the thread, the discussion continues so do take a look: 'How you use your hosting income'. 🙂

We are now looking forward to the October Host Newsletter and this month's subject is: What amenity/equipment do you provide that guests rave about? 

Feel free to share photos and more comments, and we will feature some of them in the newsletter! 

I can't wait to hear more. 🙂

Lizzie

Not currently receiving the Host Newsletter? Click here to sign up.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

66 Replies 66
Andrea453
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Hi Everyone! My name is Andrea and Im a northern California girl in the health and wellness business.  I own a busy AirBnB inside the touristy town of San Antonio.

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/2447726

When I started this business my focus was to offer an environment that was toxic free. All of the products I use to sanitize the house are natural. Most of the reviews and compliments that I get are about how soft the bed feels or how fresh the air smells.

I use 1,800 count linen sheets that are so soft to the touch that it feels like sleeping on a cloud bed. The shampoos and body wash in the bathroom are made with simple ingredients that nourish and benefit the skin and not to pollute it.

Cloud bed.JPG

Terry cotton robes.jpg

The whole house is connected to a water filtering system that minimizes the pollutants for showering or laundering clothes. The drinking water I provide in the rooms and kitchen are filtered through a 5 stage process for purity.

I provide a small refrigerator in the room with healthy snacks, fruits and coconut water. I purchase special organic coffee that is grown without pesticides and herbicides. I often get compliments on the coffee as guests enjoy the peaceful morning experience out by the koi pond and backyard oasis.

Backyard oasis 2.jpg

Koi pond (2).JPG

The environment is peaceful and quite. The central air is filtered and ozonated with free flowing fans through out the house for good oxygen circulation. Guest will comment on the privacy, creative workspace and renewed energy they experience from the surrounding environment.

If Im lucky, I may get to share a berry smoothie with one of my guest as they wonder into the kitchen after a good nights sleep. I think this is one of my most favorite things about AirBnB. The opportunity to share a berry smoothie with a man from India on his first visit to America as he pours me a morning cup of chai.

Dining area 1.jpg

Karim10
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

i started providing travel size toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, makeup wipes...) and i found a very good supplier for that. low quantities and good prices 🙂 i budgeted around $3 for every guest staying up to 3 nights and $5 for guests staying more and i include this cost in my cleaning fees ...

[link removed]

Would love to know your supplier!  😄

Accent amenities. PineApple Hospitality  both have small quantity  toiletries. 

John-Abby0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

We cater to families travelling with kids so I always put together age-appropriate puzzles, toys, books and games for them. Always on offer are also stroller, pack-n-play and high chair, kid's cutlery and plates, etc.- even diapers for those weary parents braving a long drive with squirmy little ones driving into town late & exhausted. I've also been know to help with going around the block on big wheels/ scooters and keeping kids entertained while their parents settle in or concentrate on packing up. As a parent of three kids, I appreciate how even just these small gestures can simplify the complexities of travelling with little ones. Breakfast items, beer/ wine and kitchen basics are *always* appreciated, whether it be business partners, annual ladies reunion or family gathering. Our older guests who have limited mobility very much appreciate the hand-held shower head, adjustable moving safety stool for bathing and we are lucky to have separate step-in shower and deep soaker tubs in the master suite.

It sounds silly, but I enjoy providing people a great experience they won't quickly forget.

I’m interested in what you charge. 

Margaret108
Level 2
Leicester, MA

My guest rave about the full size kitchen with plenty of dishes,pots and pans, and I supply plenty of compimentry perked coffee,assortment of tea's,sugar,powdered creamers, alot of different spices,  utensils,I always put a few bottles of water in the full size refrigerator,and depending on how many guest there are if there are 6  I supply 6 oranges and 6 bananas. I used to have apples out but they didn't seem to eat them so I supply bananas know. They also like that I have a TV with Cable in each of the bedrooms and the living room, It helps when they have kids or just want to relax by themselves. I supply plenty of games,books and Local brochures, and take out menu's. I also let them know that if they need anything I am a phone call or a text away and most likley if they need additional items I might have them in my unit. I am enjoying hosting and I love it when my guest have a good time, I introduce myself if I am here and if I am not I make a point to at some point introduce myself and then I  leave them alone unless they want to engage further. I have a big yard with a fire pit but no one has used it yet, I am kid friendly but I do not allow pets. Thank You airbnb