What are your Top 5 or more amenities (1 - Very important - 10 least important) when booking a Listing

Answered!
Jennie181
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

What are your Top 5 or more amenities (1 - Very important - 10 least important) when booking a Listing

The following are my Top 5 or more amenities when booking a listing:

1.  Wifi  (This is a must)

2.  Essentials  (towels, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, linens)

3.  Free parking  (if I'm driving in otherwise this feature will not be necessary if using public transportation)

4.  Air conditioner and heater

5.  A Kitchen/Kitchenette  (be able to cook or heat up left overs)

6.  A washer/dryer

7.  Self check-in  (there should be no need to meet the Host)

1 Best Answer
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Jennie181 

This can change from area to area and country to country, I did come across a web site recently that would show the most requested amenities in my area,

I have never done self check in most of my guest like it, as a host it has saved me from potential trouble, where a booking for 4 and 9 turn up, 

This is for where I live, which is Phuket 

322544617_841731550383199_5437148705425481899_n.jpg

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17

@Huma0 

Im a Shampoo Snob, I never use what they supply in a hotel we used to travel quite a lot before covid and I always used buy everything to take with me,

From what I see most people who use Airbnb never buy anything or not many do, rely on us to supply,

I've even seen guest using the washing up liquid in the shower, my cleaner told me,

@Sudsrung0  we buy boujie shamp/conditioner. I agree with you, hotel stuff is bleugh, and I all too often see hosts offering up the cheapest supermarket stuff they can find.  It's not that hard to find quality brands on special, I either shop at tk maxx, or shop online when they offer 30-50% off.  It's a small yet simple way to be different to your competitors. 

Although we did recently stay in a pet friendly humble house in rural oz, and she had Sukin which is a cheap but nice organic brand, and she had ALL the varieties, so 6 large bottles lined up, that was nice. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 

That's interesting. Obviously, I have long term guests only now, and so I find that most buy their own shampoo, conditioner etc. But, when I hosted short term stays, although a lot more guests would use what I supplied, many would still bring their own toiletries.

One thing I have consistently notice though is that women almost always use their own. The men, including long term guests, are far more likely to use what I provide.