listings

Answered!
Ian383
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

listings

how can i set a listing to pay per room as in a real b&B ? all i can see is extra guests added when i may have 2 or 3 seperate parties hosted in my house at the same time - am i missing something obvious ?

and does anyone know how to add say breakfast and options? as a host on site i will provide this

best regards

Ian

Cosy Cottage Drumbeg Coylumbridge Scotland

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ian383  You need a separate listing for each room. If you have 3 bedrooms, you need 3 listings, one for each. If each bedroom is suitable for 2 guests, you list 2 guests maximum, and the price for that room. You show only that bedroom and shared common spaces in the photo gallery. 

You can also have more listings that combine rooms. For instance, if it's a family of 4, they might want to book 2 rooms and you want that option to show up when a guest inputs 4 guests in the filters. So you then have a listing for 4, and 2 bedrooms, priced accordingly, with both bedrooms featured in the photo gallery. And so on.

You then have to link the calendars, so if the 2 bedroom option gets booked, 2 of the separate bedroom options are blocked on the calendar, and vice versa. 

As far as breakfast is concerned, you would check that off in the amenities list and write about it in the description. The Other Things to Note section would be the appropriate place for that.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ian383  You need a separate listing for each room. If you have 3 bedrooms, you need 3 listings, one for each. If each bedroom is suitable for 2 guests, you list 2 guests maximum, and the price for that room. You show only that bedroom and shared common spaces in the photo gallery. 

You can also have more listings that combine rooms. For instance, if it's a family of 4, they might want to book 2 rooms and you want that option to show up when a guest inputs 4 guests in the filters. So you then have a listing for 4, and 2 bedrooms, priced accordingly, with both bedrooms featured in the photo gallery. And so on.

You then have to link the calendars, so if the 2 bedroom option gets booked, 2 of the separate bedroom options are blocked on the calendar, and vice versa. 

As far as breakfast is concerned, you would check that off in the amenities list and write about it in the description. The Other Things to Note section would be the appropriate place for that.

Ian383
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Dear Sarah

Many thnks for your kind and detailed reply - it would have taken me weeks to work out !

hope all is good in Mexico 

we are having new snow here

bets regards

Ian 

@D|rumbeg