Airbnb compensation for loss of income because of Corona

Durga1
Level 2
Trumansburg, NY

Airbnb compensation for loss of income because of Corona

Superhosts were suppose to get 25% of our March thru May cancellations and invited to apply for up to $5K grant to compensate for loss.  I have heard not a thing from Airbnb and when I messaged them they didn't know what I was talking about at first, but then said that I would hear by May 15, but I've heard nothing.  How bout the rest of you?  Have you heard anything?  thanks, Durga1

11 Replies 11
Barbara321
Level 2
Hasselt, Belgium

Same here, they told us that we would hear from them in May and get a refund of 25% of the lost cost. This week they told me that hosts who have a medium or flexible cancellation policy don't get anything  (I have a flexible cancellation policy).  So I asked them witch host therefore benefit from the "host support fund" because hosts with a "strict" cancellation policy get their refund ANYWAY, that's way it's called "strict".   They constantly avoid the question and beat around the bush.  I have allready asked Belgium hosts the question in the community who got a refund.  Up to now, nobody replied!

I just wrote a big long comment on all of this, not favorable to Airbnb, and it said it can't go through.  Are we now being censored.  Brian came across as an idealist in the beginning, and Airbnb got a whole lot of money for relief, but we did not get a piece of that pie.  Why only people with strict policy?  NOT FAIR!!!  Also where is the application for our relief fund up to $5K? They said they'd choose who was eligible at their own discretion.  Based on what? I've been a superhost for about 2 years now, what's up with that?  Where is Airbnb's financial aid going?  In Brian's pocket?  We need answers.  Kind of a shady set of rules I'd say.

p.s. I will also add that I am financially dependent on my Airbnb income, social security is not a living income.  I was also told I could apply for unemployment, but was turned down because I didn't earn enough in the last quarter, which was off season (while I myself rented an Airbnb home for a month, giving back to Airbnb).  

Durga1 - I am in the same boat. No help here. 4 yrs of service to AIrbnb as a superhost. All I get is spam- people who want more discounts on top of discounts and they want me to go around Airbnb. Like why not just leave my door open and leave some coins on the way out. You have to be kidding me that the CEO is not protecting our interests. Seriously?

@Durga1  I too am dependent on SS to supplement my income

@Durga1   it needs to go outside abnb

We are now being sensored. My comments did not go through either. I am outraged by this CEO and the hypocrisy.

Hello from New Zealand  @Barbara321 
Did you hear and see overnight that there's been a Court Judgement re Belgium and Lockdown legality?

It's incredible news.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/belgium-all-news/162742/belgium-must-lift-all-covid-19-measures-w...

Durga1
Level 2
Trumansburg, NY

Just wrote another long response that didn't go through.  Anyway, we should be properly informed and told what the criteria for the relief fund grant was.

Hello everyone. Particularly I have not heard comments from Airbnb about it.

[url]https://tophumidificadores.es[/url]

https://taladros.eu
Ive1166
Level 2
Davenport, FL

I heard about it but I never received any penny. My cancellation policy  was always strict. Do you know someone that has received it please let me know,