[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

Stories
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

[Updated] Launched back in November at Airbnb Open 2015, the AO2015 Stories Contest is now closed. Thank you for all your fantastic submissions, we look forward to announcing the winners soon!

To view the Contest overview see below: 

We welcome you to share your story as a host or share your experience traveling as a guest. Whether it’s life-changing, heart-warming, silly, big, or small -- we want to hear from you!

DETAILS

This contest is only open to hosts who attended Airbnb Open 2015.  Share your story starting November 12, 2015. The contest deadline for submissions will be January 15th, 2016

Submit stories or read stories. Learn more about the contest rules attached. Stories must have a minimum of 200 words, must contain a title, two photos, and use the hashtag #AO2015contest.

PRIZES

One 1st prize of $15,000 USD

One 2nd prize of $7,000 USD

One 3rd prize of $3,000 USD

SELECTING WINNERS

Winners will be selected based on the spirit of the submission. How does it relate to hospitality, social impact and experiences on Airbnb?

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  Open only to attendees, 18 or older, registered at Airbnb Open 2015 in Paris.  Skill contest.  Judges’ decisions determine winners.  Entry deadline 11:59:59 p.m.  San Francisco time on 01/15/2016.  Submitted stories may be used by Airbnb for promotional purposes.  Additional terms apply.   See Official Rules below.

FAQS

Q: How many times can I submit a story?

A:  Please only submit one story.

Q: Can I edit my story submission?

A: Not at this time.

Q: How can I confirm my submission was received?

A: You will see a notification confirming receipt of submission once you click Post.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can upload or video link submissions?

A: Not at this time. We look forward to what you have to share!

Still have questions? Feel free to post your questions in this thread and we will try to get them answered as soon as we can!

See full rules below: 

113 Replies 113
Nan0
Level 2
Occitanie, France

Hello! Given the glitches, kindly let me know if you received my story and 2 images, entitled The Airbnb Library. Just want to make certain before the deadline arrives tonight. Thank you!

Oops, I'm just a fellow confused host with an opinion (or 2). I don't work for Airbnb.  I guess there is no way to copy an airbnb employee (yet???) or I would try to pass this along to one of them. 

I think that you must put #AO2015contest in your post for it to connect to the right section of the community group. You need at least a masters in IT design to fiqure this out.  They also need to add a spell checker as well since most of us (me especially) can't spell anything any longer!

Oh and somehow the #AO2015contest needs to show up as a hyperlink... Sees that has to be done manually too. 

In case one of you (with the masters degree in IT) is watching ...I am logged in. I had to scroll to the top and do that before I posted this...very cumbersome really.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nan0,

Thanks for checking about your story entry, yes this has been received. Thanks so much for submitting it. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

ElenaandNick0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I just realised that our story isn't listed, we submitted it three days ago. What can we do???

@Lizzie0  @ElenaandNick0

Lizzie, Please see the email from Elena and Nick. They need help with the unsubmitted story.  It sound like the log in issue agian. There needs to be an alert to let people know they are not logged in if you cannot set up the login automatically when someone clicks on an email. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @ElenaandNick0,

Thank you for all the time you have spent trying to submit your story. I can confirm that the Stories Team has received you story. Just so you know, it is not possible to view all submission entries, so please do worry if you can't see yours at the moment. 

Sorry again and if you have any other questions about this please do let me know. Thanks so much. Lizzie 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks so much @Lizzie Is there a chance to charge the headline of our story? If not it's not a problem, my hysband just forgot to add what I have asked him to 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @ElenaandNick0,

No problem at all. I can't guarantee that it will be changed, but if you let me know what you would like it to be I will let the Stories Team know. 🙂

--------------------

1. @Lizzie any chance I can get your email address to send it to you directly? Thanks so much 

Guys, any update on this? I tried to submit again over last weekend again and it didnt work

Hi there

Is the competition over now? Did I miss the deadline?? Or is there another extention? 

Peter0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I wrote two stories which I submitted a day or two after the Open.  I received an acknowledgment after I had submitted them but I cannot see them anywhere.  Can you tell me where I can confirm that they were received?

similar question to Peter's. Submitted story a month ago. Asked then how I could see it. No reply.  Do not see it in the "Read Stories" link. How do I know it is submitted?

Keith

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone, thanks for your post - I hope I can reasure you.

@Keith0 @Peter0, yes I can confirm that the Stories Team have received your entries. 

@Alan3, I am afraid the extended deadline was Friday 15th January, sorry about this. Perhaps if you have a story you would like to share, you could post in within the Community Center it would be lovely to hear it. 

Further to @Lucille-and-Alan0's post including the link above, just to update you that the submissions for this contest are not able to be viewed at the moment so please do not worry if you do not see yours there. 

Also, thank you @Lucille-and-Alan0 for all your help and advice you have provided in this thread over the weekend. 

If anyone has any questions regarding this please do let me know and feel free to tag me and I will get a notification. I wish you all the best of luck with your stories and once I hear more information about this I will be sure to let you know. 🙂

--------------------