[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

Stories
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

[Updated] Launched back in November at Airbnb Open 2015, the AO2015 Stories Contest is now closed. Thank you for all your fantastic submissions, we look forward to announcing the winners soon!

To view the Contest overview see below: 

We welcome you to share your story as a host or share your experience traveling as a guest. Whether it’s life-changing, heart-warming, silly, big, or small -- we want to hear from you!

DETAILS

This contest is only open to hosts who attended Airbnb Open 2015.  Share your story starting November 12, 2015. The contest deadline for submissions will be January 15th, 2016

Submit stories or read stories. Learn more about the contest rules attached. Stories must have a minimum of 200 words, must contain a title, two photos, and use the hashtag #AO2015contest.

PRIZES

One 1st prize of $15,000 USD

One 2nd prize of $7,000 USD

One 3rd prize of $3,000 USD

SELECTING WINNERS

Winners will be selected based on the spirit of the submission. How does it relate to hospitality, social impact and experiences on Airbnb?

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  Open only to attendees, 18 or older, registered at Airbnb Open 2015 in Paris.  Skill contest.  Judges’ decisions determine winners.  Entry deadline 11:59:59 p.m.  San Francisco time on 01/15/2016.  Submitted stories may be used by Airbnb for promotional purposes.  Additional terms apply.   See Official Rules below.

FAQS

Q: How many times can I submit a story?

A:  Please only submit one story.

Q: Can I edit my story submission?

A: Not at this time.

Q: How can I confirm my submission was received?

A: You will see a notification confirming receipt of submission once you click Post.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can upload or video link submissions?

A: Not at this time. We look forward to what you have to share!

Still have questions? Feel free to post your questions in this thread and we will try to get them answered as soon as we can!

See full rules below: 

113 Replies 113

@Keith0

Keith, Try https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Stories/ct-p/Stories

I got there by going to the drop down menu at the top left and selecting stories.

Thanks, yes, I know this link and don't see my story. Should I be concerned?

Yes, I think you should contact @Lizzie. She seems to be the go to person for help with this. 

JanandJana0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Hi Airbnb!

Is is a big problem that we wrote the story and forgot to use the hashtag?:(

Thank you!

Jan&Jana
Prague
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @ElenaandNick0, all of the submissions are with the Stories Team who are reviewing them at the moment, I am afraid it isn't possible to change the title now, but they have your story which is the main thing - so please don't worry. 

Hello @JanandJana0, if you submitted your story before the deadline, this will have been passed over to Stories team.

Thank you both for your entries, I look forward to providing you with an update soon. In the mean time do let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Jack-and-Anna0
Level 2
Port Angeles, WA

Hello,

Have you chosen and notified the winners of the contest? I submitted a story and would love to know the status.

Thank you!

Anna

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to update you on the AO15 Stories Contest and to let you know that the team are currently in the final part of the selection process for the winning stories, so not long to wait now.

Thank you so much for all you patience over this, I know you spent a lot of time over submitting your stories and like me I am sure you are all eager to hear.  

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks for the update Lizzie!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I hope you are well. I just wanted to let you know that the winning stories for the AO2015 Contest have now been announced here in the CC. I would like to thank you all for taking the time and effort to submit your stories. It is a pleasure to see such wonderful experiences being shared and I think you should all be very proud. 

I hope you will enjoy reading the winning stories and please do share you congratulations to the three hosts. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------