Explore the upgrades in the Airbnb 2023 Winter Release

Airbnb
Official Account

Explore the upgrades in the Airbnb 2023 Winter Release

Today, we’re introducing upgrades for Hosts as part of the Airbnb 2023 Winter Release. This includes the Listings tab, a set of new tools that let you easily manage your listing and showcase the details of your home. 

The key features of the new Listings tab are the redesigned listing editor, AI-powered photo tour, and smart lock integration. Play this video for a demo from CEO Brian Chesky.

Beyond the Listings tab, the 2023 Winter Release includes even more upgrades for Hosts:

• New earnings dashboard: A redesigned dashboard gives you a clear view of your earnings in one place. You’ll find a detailed breakdown of past and future payouts, customizable reports, filters, and search. 
  • Updated Co-Host tools: We’ve added two new ways to share your cleaning fee payout with your cleaner or Co-Host. Plus, you can now message Co-Hosts right from your inbox on Airbnb to coordinate upcoming reservations.

For guests, there are new ways to find great stays. Guest Favorites are some of the most-loved homes on Airbnb, according to guests. And we’ve redesigned the ratings page, adding new features to help guests understand the quality of every home.

You can opt in to Early Access to start using these upgrades or wait for them to roll out to all Hosts in the coming months. Learn how Early Access works and how to share feedback

Which feature are you most excited about?

Learn more about the 2023 Winter Release:

52 Replies 52
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Bettye6, I was wondering if you were able to give Jennifer's suggestion a try?

I also found this article that could help bringing additional details: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/477

The host needs to tap all photos on the cover page and drag them to the order  that they prefer. Note that this must be done on desktop and that only the first 5 photos can be reordered.

Please let us know how everything goes!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi Paula,

Just checking in. I have developed a terrible head cold which has kept me down. When my head is clearer I will go to my lap top and attempt it.

Thank you in advance for understanding!

Warm regards, 

Bettye

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Bettye6, I am so sorry about this. I hope you feel better soon!

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Jennifer2672
Level 10
Sioux Falls, SD

I've opted in for the new release. I'm sort of lukewarm so far on what I've experienced. There are two problems it seems to be causing with my listing.

#1 - the AI appears to be choosing a new main photo for me. The one I was using before has been far more successful for me, but I have not been able to figure out how to change it back.

#2 - My sofa bed is in the office/den. The new room tours feature places the bed automatically in the living room, which makes it far less appealing. I need to have a way to add the bed to the office. And I'm not going to call the office a bedroom, because it's a den that is open to the living room and that would be confusing to guests or possibly disappointing.

I put in a support ticket on the bed in the living room issue. Two people have asked me what the problem are in the last 24 hours and then giving me absolutely no follow-up. So far, just not so super impressed.  

Replying to add: support finally gave me a call just a few minutes ago. I'm able to change my cover photo on the computer version, not the mobile.

The issue of putting the sofabed in the office is not resolved. They suggested I put it in a bedroom or take it off my listing. Neither of those is a good option. I have put in feedback, but we'll see if that comes to anything. 

Hello @Jennifer2672 

What if you added "Office" to your listing with the sofa bed as your choice of photo and another photo of the office itself?

Capture d’écran 2023-11-11 à 10.18.02.png

It would be misleading to list the sofa bed as a bedroom I agree but it's important that it is shown on your listing.

Right now my work around is to have it listed in the living room, but to have text in the description that explains that that is inaccurate. Personally, it doesn't seem to be that it would be that hard for them to add the possibility of putting the bed in an office. I can't be the only person with the situation 

@Jennifer2672 

I haven't opted for the new release yet. 

The old way to create rooms categories, virtual tour, was straightforward. Might help someone else to create this before new update. 

1) Go to Property and Rooms, then Rooms and Spaces. Click Edit 

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 7.28.31 AM.png 

2) At the top can select what rooms to include. 

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 7.29.50 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-11 at 7.40.38 AM.png

3) To add photos click on room and simply add photos to each room from the ones you already uploaded to your photos. The captions stay the same and can organize them in any you want by simply drag and drop. 

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 7.29.35 AM.png

I find this method more useful. For example I just have the table in the living room and washer dryer in the bathroom. Especially here I don't want guest to think there is another laundry room, as the W/D is in their private bathoom. I also want to be able to specify "Kitchenette"

I think it's fairly easy, just takes about 10 minutes to set up manually and has been available for over a year.

The only advantage for me is to be able to specify "Kitchenette" for a room. Otherwise the rooms tour would be more helpful for bigger houses with multiple rooms and bedrooms.  

Yes! I had rooms specified under the old way and didn't use a picture for my sofa bed because I didn't want it to be confusing for people. Now I automatically get one and it's very clearly in the wrong room. Honestly, I think setting up your rooms is more work with the new system. And the AI is interrupting things. 

@Jennifer2672 

I'm going to make some updates to mine before AI takes over. 

I want to take pics of my kitchen area without a toaster oven. So get that updated as I want to keep them in the same order. 

I remember about 2-3 years ago some AI was selecting the profile pic and host here said to make sure a delete a pic of your toilet or AI would use that as the profile pic! Hence I have no toilet pics! Let's hope it's getting a little smarter and not just a dumb bot! 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jennifer2672 ! Thank you so much for sharing the updates and your feedback about the latest release. I am also tagging @Bettye6 as she too is facing an issue with the cover photo. From your comment, it seems like you were able to change the cover photo on computer (if I am not mistaken), could you please help @Bettye6 as well, and share how you did it?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Jennifer2672, thank you for sharing your feedback here regarding your experience with the new features. This is very helpful, and we will pass this on to the team. 

Thank you!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi  Jennifer2672,

In reading your issue #2 I laugh as I sent a note to AirBnB tech support that under office it has amenities of Arcade games, baby bath, backyard, BBG grill, just to name a few, even bed linens but nothing for a bed or sofa, even a  boat slip is listed. 

Maybe as I am quite ill I could not help but laugh. The same amenities are listed for Exterior? though on others rooms it seems complete.

My answer would be yes, they are still working out a lot of glitches.

i would think they would give the us the ability to add a sofa bed or what ever to any room we choose. Across this whole world there are so many variances to how we utilize are rooms.

It will be interesting to see the work about.

Best wishes.

Bettye

Just wanted to say the new earnings dashboard where you can create reports is 100% better. Love that you can see the listings pictures with the reports and they got rid of all the old listings titles that were there. as well being able to custom the reports easily. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Desmond28, thank you for sharing your feedback with us 😊. Please keep us updated on how you find the other features!

Best regards,

-----