Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Reta3
Level 1
Sullivan's Island, SC

I am sorry to disagree. Taxes are a very big deal. In SC if my taxes are not paid correctly (and AirBnB does not pay them correctly) I lose my rental license. Also, I must pay accommodations taxes monthly, so a 1098 at the end of the year does me absolutely no good. My town must know all taxes paid monthly also, and checks those carefully. I need to know with every transaction exactly how AirBnB handles the taxes and have not found a way to do this. I also collect a separate refundable deposit give that with AirBnB I have had guests cancel at the last minute and AirBnB refunds their money and I am left with an empty apartment. The new offer for me to give them a discount to have a non-refundable fee is not realistic. All other sites I use allows me to collect taxes, have my reservations non-refundable and I am allowed to collect a deposit. Why not AirBnB? Thanks.

I had learned overtime we will understand more about travel and rental taxes.

Hi Reta, 

Can we talk offline?

I have a question I would like toask

db292@cornell.edu

Thank you,

Daniela

Amen. 

Hi Joe I agree, A good Accountant will know what to do and advice you on the 1098/99 .

You should be advised based on your business and  tax bracket.  At least this is my understanding when you are a business owner . 

New to ABnb 

Bi

Leah245
Level 2
Massachusetts, United States

Thank you Joe!  My favorite part was about "no insults!".  We are a community not adversaries!

Don't forget that Airbnb is not just in America. Different countries have different law's regarding tax and it is actually important that income is split so everyone  pays taxes where he makes the mone. 

I agree. the co-host system is a great help.  Host can define for ourselves who a "co-host" is. It can be our cleaner, our greeter, our neighbor, or who ever we want.  What difference doe it make?

I have two people I help in airbnb: my daughter and a good friend of mine, none of which is or ever will be an employee. But if my friend is travelling and she wants that I take her money to pay her bills while she is out, or the same with my daughter when I am travelling, it would be easier if I could pay them or they can pay me.  The problem has nothing to do with taxes but to help and be helped in the airbnb management. Best, Mercedes Assorati

I agree with you Daniela.

My co-host is not a property owner but she is my housekeeper and trusted friend. Telling people they need to learn things is presumptuous. Airbnb's are unique properties, as are how they are run, as are our communities in which we live and tax situations.

A co-host is someone to help manage the guest relations & NOT necessarily a property owner. 

I'm the primary host and I'm not even a property owner. 

You used to be able to also choose an option to give the cohost the cleaning fees as well as a percentage....

Hi how much percentage  should a cohost be paid ?