Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467

@Annette298 wrote:

Hi how much percentage  should a cohost be paid ?

@Annette298 wrote:

@Annette298 wrote:

8%

I THINK

Oh For God's Sake.  You can't collude on Pricing. It is up to the individuals involved.

Very true - i believe its called price fixing and is illegal

Please explain . Is air bb giving discounts automatically with my offer. I booked for 5 days and somehow I am around a 100 bucks light? Somehow the people got 15 off per night ?

G0 to your dashboard and  check your booking and pricing settings.  I had that happen and if the discount for longer stays box is checked clear it.  

Same has happened to me. Not sure how Airbnb decided to discount my nightly rate, which I didn't figure out until the booking was over.  I just trusted that the math was correct, as they added the #of nights plus asaociated fees, w/o making the nightly rate transparent. (Twice I discovered that they applied a discounted rate, when I don't offer the discount.) Seems like they'll do anything to guarantee a booking, even at the expense of the host's pricing.

I was even pressured by Airbnb to fully refund a guest's payment after she'd  checked in but decided to cancel half of the remaining dates. No "extenuating circumstances" existed, except that the guest was angry about the published cancelation policy on my listing.  

Perhaps contact Airbnb directly & ask - hard for the community to know on specific bookings

it depends on what you are asking them to do, how much your expenses are, how much you trust them to do a great job, and, probably more importantly, what they will agree to. I try to make every guest visit a 5 star experience and therefore usually pay my co-hosts both a flat rate and a percentage, which will range between 30% and 100+% of my revenue. I pay an off-hand flat rate if they are temporarily doing a particular task(s), such as monitoring and responding to messages, cleaning, or greeting guests. * Qualifier - we have 10 - 20 listings book every night and spend 8-20 hours a day to keep this business running.

Lynchburg Va 10%-15% front of the computer (paid by Airbnb directly to the bank account)+ cleaning fee (invoice to the owner)

Every state has a different base set percentage.

@Annette298 wrote:

Hi Elizabeth, A co-host can be whomever the owner would like it to be to make their business model and accounting work for them.  Unless you are a CPA and providing free tax advice to the community, please keep your comments about taxes to yourself as everyone has a different situation.  Your comment was extremely rude to Judi.

It was Elizabeth that said something about taxes

I agree, how we phrase our sentences is very important.