Redecorating during lockdown

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Redecorating during lockdown

Liv_0-1588852294427.png

Hi everyone,

Since we’re all spending a lot of time at home, this seems to me like the perfect opportunity to be thinking of a decor update.

I thought it would be interesting if we could explore easy tips and tricks on how to make the most of this time by redecorating. 

Here are some ideas that I think could be fun and helpful to get the creative juices flowing:

Rearrange furniture - simply changing a room layout could be a great way of giving the space a fresh feel.

Change door handles - whether it’s the front door or the kitchen cabinets, adding new handles could make things look more interesting.

Paint - there are so many things that could be changed by a simple repainting project: doors, chairs, fences, cabinets and even staircases.

Apply wallpaper - much like painting, picking a fun wallpaper could make a room look a lot brighter and more inviting.

Repurpose objects (Upcycling) - An old stool that’s no longer in use could make a great bedside table. A wine rack could also be used as bathroom storage for towels and other small items.

Do you have any tips or ideas to share with the Community? Have you completed any cool DIY projects lately that you would like to tell us about? 

Feel free to contribute, I would love to know what you’ve been up to 🙂

Thanks,

Liv

91 Replies 91
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Fred13,

How fantastic! I know you had mentioned that you were doing some reno on your island, but that's some serious construction. Are those little docks for small boats that people may come on from the other islands and cayes?

(Guess new 4G internet working on island, cool)

The enclosed area is a swimming area and is all pure white-sand, only 1-3 ft deep, so the kayaks can still come inside the compound as well as these cool floating lounging chairs, etc. The little 'tables' will have seats that allows sitting with your feet in the water and its like an aquarium with every kind of colorful tropical fish around you. Under the gazebo (far end) If you were to throw anything in the water, this is what happens >

IMG-20200615-WA0004.jpg

Unlike all other resorts, in Bird Island guests are with nature, all kinds of things happening around you: pelican diving, fish chasing each other, finches arguing, etc. That is the reason for the high porch, you be sitting there having coffee in the morning and just mesmerized with all that is going on before you.  It's a different approach.

Next are swings in the pergola over the water, outdoor shower, trees,etc. We got another month to go.