ACCOUNT SUSPENSION

ACCOUNT SUSPENSION

Help! We opened our cottage in Oct. 2019 and are a 3 time Superhost, with (40) 5* reviews. We had a guest book for 2 days (she had (5) 5* reviews), then she upped for an additional 2 days. Our cottage is on our property on the other acre from our home, but we have self check-in and check-out. She checked out and wrote a 5* review that day. (I didn't see it until 2 days later when I wrote mine). When I went to clean it, the cottage was trashed, no damage, just filthy. Sticky spills and dried dog urine all over the flooring, vomit all over the toilet, food smears stuck everywhere, and the worst was the dog stench. I had to wash EVERY textile, meaning even the curtains and the bed skirt. I could go on and on.  I wrote her a bad review (my first), and the next day my account was suspended, with NO notification from Airbnb. I found out when I tried to message my next guest the check-in instructions. I called Airbnb, and after a week I received an email, then a call, that the guest had accused us of entering the cottage while she was gone and stealing "something", which of course we didn't do either. We gave the Airbnb rep all the information he asked for, but my question is, how long does this investigation take? Also, what else can we do besides just sit here and wait?

Thanks for any information or input!

Debbie

38 Replies 38
Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

This is just insane! 

@Jenny @Emilie: Can you do anything to make sure someone - other than "Lucy" (who is apparently off) - looks into this sooner than Saturday?

Of course, we only know what @Kalawati-Homes0 tells us, so there could very well be more to it than this. But it does not sound reasonable to suspend an account on Thursday with very little information, telling the host that nothing more will be done until 48 hours later?

@Trude0 @Emilie just right now I am checking out Airbnb guests who say that their stay was beyond expectations. The house was warm and everything was thoughtfully placed and they felt great. That is what 99% of all our guests say.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Trude0 for bringing this to our attention. 🙏

@Kalawati-Homes0 I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to get answers so far. Unfortunately we're not part of the Support teams here and I cannot see the details of what happened, but I can raise this for you to try and nudge the team working on it. If I hear anything else, I'll let you know!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emiliewe still haven't received any reason why all our listings were suspended. After all our attempts to seek a response anf 3 days of wait. Lucy says that they recieved a report that someone felt uncomfortable. That is it Lucy still did not mention which reservation or what happened.

This is extremely stressful affair for us. We work very hard and your safety team has put our livelihoods at risk without verifying any facts. Just on basis of some report. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Kalawati-Homes0 I understand this is a stressful situation and I'm really sorry to hear it wasn't resolved earlier this weekend.

As I mentioned earlier the Community Center team isn't part of the Support team, so my hands are somewhat tied - I've however heard on Friday that someone was working on your case and would follow-up directly with you as soon as possible.

I hope everything will be sorted very soon for you!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

On Saturday after 3 days of wait and many messages. We again got a brief cryptic reply from Lucy of safety team. The message still doesn't clarify anything. 

[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

John6556
Level 5
Toronto, Canada

Nothing, you have to ride it out. I tried, took weeks.

Max1814
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hi David and Debbie, just filed arbitration with Airbnb. That's really the only way to get them  to reverse any of their egregious actions. I made a pretty long post on here as well. Airbnb pretty much just wiped away a business I've devoted my life to for the last 5 years. They've done it to a lot of others too and they can't keep being emboldened to do this. If you're looking for some legal help, we have some others who joining in. Shoot me a mssage at help at airbnb hypen violations dot comm.