Additional fee option for hot tub use

Answered!
Tricia5028
Level 1
Bella Vista, AR

Additional fee option for hot tub use

Hello! I want to add an "optional" fee for use of the hot tub.  I do not see this as an option to add. I only see extra guests or pets as optional fees and the other four (linens, management...) would alwasy be added. I do not want to charge for use for all guests as most do not use it and I don't want to have it ready if it will not be used.  TYIA.

1 Best Answer

Hi Tricia,

I believe adding an optional fee for amenities like a hot tub on Airbnb isn't directly supported through their standard fee settings, which, as you've noted, primarily cover extras like guests and pets, or mandatory fees like linens and management. Here are a few strategies you could use to implement this:

Custom Special Offer: When a guest expresses interest in using the hot tub, you can adjust the booking cost by sending them a 'Special Offer' through Airbnb. This method requires direct communication with the guest to confirm their desire to use the hot tub and their agreement to the additional fee.

Manual Adjustment After Booking: You could also arrange for the fee to be paid after the booking is made. Once a guest confirms they want to use the hot tub, you can request additional payment through the Airbnb Resolution Center.

Include in House Rules: List the hot tub as an optional amenity with an associated fee in your house rules or the description of your listing. Clearly state that guests interested in using it should inform you before their arrival or during their stay, so you can prepare it and arrange for payment.

Refundable Deposit: Some hosts opt to include a refundable deposit that covers amenities like a hot tub. If the guest doesn't use the hot tub, the deposit is refunded. This requires clear communication to ensure the guest understands the terms.

Each of these methods involves some level of manual management and clear communication with your guests. Ensure that all financial transactions related to extra fees are handled through Airbnb to maintain coverage under their terms of service and protection policies.

I trust this will be beneficial.

All the best,

Upfish Management

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Tricia5028 

Suggestion:

Set your  night price as if everyone uses.

Set in your main page, hot tub not set up for use unless   notification received  48 hours prior to check in  or if  already checked in 48 hours after request.

Don't make a public offer  but if a guest asks for a discount because they won't use, you can very  quickly offer  a private discount.  I  do this for number of guests and  even a $5 per night private discount converts them   in  about 2 minutes  haha.

Thank you so much for your response!  

Tricia

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Tricia5028 , Have you implemented any of the tips shared by Marie and Alicia? How are you progressing with the settings? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Tricia,

I believe adding an optional fee for amenities like a hot tub on Airbnb isn't directly supported through their standard fee settings, which, as you've noted, primarily cover extras like guests and pets, or mandatory fees like linens and management. Here are a few strategies you could use to implement this:

Custom Special Offer: When a guest expresses interest in using the hot tub, you can adjust the booking cost by sending them a 'Special Offer' through Airbnb. This method requires direct communication with the guest to confirm their desire to use the hot tub and their agreement to the additional fee.

Manual Adjustment After Booking: You could also arrange for the fee to be paid after the booking is made. Once a guest confirms they want to use the hot tub, you can request additional payment through the Airbnb Resolution Center.

Include in House Rules: List the hot tub as an optional amenity with an associated fee in your house rules or the description of your listing. Clearly state that guests interested in using it should inform you before their arrival or during their stay, so you can prepare it and arrange for payment.

Refundable Deposit: Some hosts opt to include a refundable deposit that covers amenities like a hot tub. If the guest doesn't use the hot tub, the deposit is refunded. This requires clear communication to ensure the guest understands the terms.

Each of these methods involves some level of manual management and clear communication with your guests. Ensure that all financial transactions related to extra fees are handled through Airbnb to maintain coverage under their terms of service and protection policies.

I trust this will be beneficial.

All the best,

Upfish Management

Thank you for your detailed response. This is very helpful. I was not aware of the 'special offer' or an additional payment.  

Again thank you!

Tricia