Airbnb Safety Team

Kim2605
Level 2
Jay, NY

Airbnb Safety Team

To whom it may concern,

We are a host on the Airbnb platformand our listing was suspended without cause. We have sent numerous responses ( in writing) to the Ambassador with the Safety Team, however he has been very unhelpful and refuses to provide any answers on why our listing was suspended. We have asked:

1. Why our listing was made inactive/suspended?
  2. What was in violation since the cameras were disclosed since we became a host and none were in a sensitive area?
  3. Why further action has not been taken?
According to Airbnb we are allowed to appeal this decision, however, we have not given the chance to appeal, or understand the reasoning behind the suspension.

The cameras and recording devices at our properly have been indicated and have always been up to date and compliant with the Airbnb standards.
We are requesting to speak with a supervisor, or someone who can provide support because we have done what is necessary and the safety team has not recognized that we are in compliance. The investigation has been taking place for almost 2 weeks and we have not been informed of any of the reasoning behind the suspension. It is concerning that we are being accused of something and Airbnb (support) won’t say what, or why the actions were taken, and doesn’t appear the matter is being taken seriously. I understand the need to protect guests but hosts also should be given the chance to defend unfounded claims. Please reply back with a mechanism towards resolution. 
6 Replies 6
James321
Level 3
Huron, OH

I’m so sorry Kim. Airbnb is run like a clown show. The same thing happened to us and it took about a week or two to get resolved. A guest complained that a carbon monoxide detector was going off with no evidence. We called out the fire department to take readings and confirmed there was no carbon monoxide and had their report for evidence. Guest complained about it again with no evidence. We sent the fire department out again who confirmed again there was no carbon monoxide in the house. Airbnb safety team suspended our listing for about 2 weeks before reinstating it. 

the people who are in charge of host support are incompetent, no help at all, and don’t understand any context. The same is true of the unfair, retaliatory reviews received from bad guests. Again, no help at all from Airbnb on the host side and not even an understanding person who can discern the situation. Everything outsourced to different countries with people who have a hard time speaking and understanding English. It’s really sad where we are at now compared to how wonderful Airbnb used to be when it first started. 

I hope you get some answers soon and have it resolved quickly. But I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Kim2605 No one here can help you except with advice. My guess is that some of your external cameras record what is going on inside the house which breaches the Airbnb rules.

It would be quite impossible when the cameras are mounted on the house facing away from it. Being able to see into the house would be quite impressive.

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

It seems to me like your listing is up and running? Do you have more than 1 listing? 

We are back up and running, but what is disturbing is Airbnb never said explicitly what was the concern, or provided any additional detail.

That is actually the best scenario possible. All the other ones are negative.