Airbnb Scam?

Airbnb Scam?

How do I tell if an airbnb is a scam? I really want this place for my bachelorette but am scared we will get there and have no place to go! Thank you! 

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing link unless posted by a listing owner]

2 Replies 2
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Dejour0 

The link to the listing in question will get taken down by admin as this is not allowed but the listing has many reviews so seems legit.  The best thing is to contact the host directly to see the type of response you get.  Strongly believe in communicating with my guests to get an impression on who I am letting into my place.

You can also double check by using google lens to see if the photos appear in the same location or not.   

I presume you know that Airbnb does not allow parties in any of their listings as per their policy?  I see that the host stipulates quiet hours between 9pm to 9am

Congratulations on getting married shortly!

Joëlle

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Dejour0, thank you for reaching out to our community for advice.

I wanted to share that I had to remove the link to a Host's profile/listing as we do not allow our Community members to post identifiable information due to safety and privacy reasons as per our Community Center Guidelines.

There's a popular thread in our Community Center where an experienced Host has shared some useful tips to identify if a listing is authentic. Scam alert! How can I make sure a listing is real? 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad