Airbnb fees ?

Airbnb fees ?

As a host if I need to request money from a guest what fees or charges apply to the requested amount ?

For example if $100 is my request does airbnb charge the guest a percentage, and what amount would I receive ?

2 Replies 2
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Anita274 

I use it occasionally, and Airbnb has always passed it through entirely, with no commission or other deductions. If the guest pays it prior to arrival, Airbnb pays it to you combined with the regular payment. If not paid prior to check in, it is paid to you several days later. 

But before you can request funds, you must select one of 5 or so options describing what the charge is for. I always choose "additional services" (or something like that). They might charge commission on other options, I don't know. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

We use the 'Extra Services' option with almost with every reservation (80+ per year, 'Extra Services') and they never charge anything for such charges. What is odd is the inability to add days or amount of guests to an existing reservation which doesn't worked for us or our guests many times is what is making requesting for extra services constantly necessary.