Airbnb locking my calendar

Answered!
Liz140
Level 4
Danville, IN

Airbnb locking my calendar

I got an inquiry from a guest,  along with a message from Airbnb that stated that if I didn't respond to the request my calendar would be blocked for those days. Really? I have automatic booking, what if I can't respond immediately and several other people want to book the room using automatic booking?

I have turned away several people lately because they have pets, if my calendar is going to be locked for that then I'm out of here! Anyone else experience this?

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Liz140  Even when you use IB, guests can still send you an Inquiry or Booking request. You can't just ignore those, holding out for someone else to IB. You have 24 hours to respond, and if you don't, there are penalties. For an Inquiry, all you have to do is message back within the 24 hours, for a Booking Request, you must either Accept or Decline within 24 hours.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Liz140  Even when you use IB, guests can still send you an Inquiry or Booking request. You can't just ignore those, holding out for someone else to IB. You have 24 hours to respond, and if you don't, there are penalties. For an Inquiry, all you have to do is message back within the 24 hours, for a Booking Request, you must either Accept or Decline within 24 hours.