Airbnb won’t remove a review they said they would remove

Si6
Level 4
Canada

Airbnb won’t remove a review they said they would remove

 they keep closing my inquiry over and over now and telling me it doesn’t violate the policy. The review was left with the only intent to lower my rating from a perfect 5 star to much less. It complains about things that I never advertised. “I expected a better view but it’s covered by the trees” and 3 star rating for accuracy based on that expectation. Except nowhere in the listing does it say that I have a view, let alone unobstructed view. Worse, I feel this person left this unreasonable review only because we are Jewish.

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Si6 The guest gave you 4 stars overall - Live with it and move on would be my advice (and remove the additional photos that are not relevant to the listing).

I would remove the scenery photos like @Mike-And-Jane0 mentioned if they are not viewable from your home.

If you include beautiful scenery pictures you are  suggesting that you can view these sceneries from your backyard etc.

Only include such pictures if they are actually viewable from your home imo. 

I am describing those photos and saying that this is the trails you can get to and beaches in the neighborhood. Only those who can’t read can think that. Also she expected the views of the city - no photos there show any views of the city. 

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why do you feel the guest was being racist against you @Si6 ?

It's better to include these photos in a local guide. Not every guest clicks on photos. 

I didn't even think to click on the photo either. 

They would be good additions to a local guide (Sightseeing guide) though. 

Zheng49_0-1720633818614.png

Photo captions are not displayed in the left panel. 

I think the 'Unable to view City' comment comes from these pictures in your listing,

Zheng49_0-1720634380902.png

I see now that you have captions for these pictures, most of them even contain the distance. But unfortunately this guest didn't read them probably. It would be tough to argue this angle to the Airbnb Rep. over on the phone though.