Attract young families with Child-Friendly Amenities

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Attract young families with Child-Friendly Amenities

Quincy_0-1676912345949.png

Are you looking for a way to set your listing apart from the rest and attract more families with children? Adding child-friendly amenities is a simple and effective way to do just that.

Families traveling with children often face challenges in finding a suitable and accommodating event space. By offering amenities such as toys and books, or dinnerware, you can show them that you understand their needs and make your listing their top choice.

Not only will these amenities provide added convenience and comfort for your guests, but they will also set your listing apart from the competition, increase your visibility,  and value.

Here are the most valuable amenities for your guests with children:

🧸Toys and books - keep the kids entertained during their stay

🧑🏽‍🍼Crib - provide a safe and comfortable sleeping space for the little ones

🚗Pack and travel crib - perfect for families on the go and children that aren’t quite big enough for the bed yet!

🥣Dinnerware - ensure that meal times are easy and hassle-free for parents as possible

Make your space stand out and give families the comfort and convenience they deserve. Enhance your space today with child-friendly amenities and don’t forget to update your profile!

Update your amenities today

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

21 Replies 21
Eric6350
Level 2
Douglasville, GA

If somebody had a Guest-Friendly Product, what avenue would be best to reach Hosts ?

I have videos, promotional testimonials, incentives etc lined up ? But what are your thoughts ?

Ryan2352
Level 10
Thousand Oaks, CA

We have child friendly books and toys as part of our standard setup and throw-away plates that kids can use.  For specialized items like cribs, high chairs, etc. we outsource that to a local company that people can rent those products from.  That company handles cleaning and maintaining the products.  We have not had enough infants and toddlers stay at the houses to justify the expense of maintaining a supply of those items (either centralized for all properties or individually stored at each location).

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's great to hear that you have child-friendly books and toys as part of your standard setup, as well as throw-away plates for kids to use @Ryan2352

Outsourcing specialized items like cribs and high chairs to a local rental company is a smart move. This way, you don't have to worry about the maintenance and upkeep of these items, and families can still have access to them if they need them.

Overall, it sounds like you're doing a great job of catering to families with young children and finding a cost-effective solution for providing specialized items! 

-----

Amy2246
Level 2
Cooper City, FL

We offer our guests several family-friendly amenities because isn’t it enough traveling with children with all the extra baggage and necessities needed? The essentials like a pack n play n play and booster seat is a great start. You can find inexpensive options on local listing sites. Everything for children can be washed and it’s as good as new. I also recommend investing in plastic, BPA free microwave and dishwasher safe dinnerware (plates, cups with lids and straws and bowls). Target or Walmart sell these items for a minimal investment. Plus having cups with lids just might save you some stains! It’s a win-win. Lastly, having a few kids toys, books and games will help out your guests keep the kids busy so they can relax. 

Amy
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Amy2246, It's wonderful to hear that you offer several family-friendly amenities to your guests. I think that a pack n play and booster seat is really handy for families traveling around with young children.

It's great to know that you recommend looking for inexpensive options on local listing sites, and investing in plastic, BPA-free dinnerware and cups with lids (that sure will save some spills!). 

Having a few kids toys, books, and games is also a great idea to keep the little ones entertained and make the stay more enjoyable for everyone. It's all about those little touches that can make a big difference for families, I think. 

Thanks for sharing these helpful tips and for being so thoughtful towards your guests traveling with children!

-----

My pleasure! We’ve stayed at so many Air bnb’s over the years traveling with our two children, I know these details increased our enjoyment and relaxation during our stays. One more useful item we’ve received many compliments for is good old fashioned board games. I’ve picked them up at yard sales or thrift shops or repurposed our personal supply of games and puzzles. Whilst on holidays, we all could use less screen time and more quality time together. 

Amy

Cups with lids and straws is a great idea Amy.  I keep a couple of them in my listings as well just for fun but didn’t think that they are an excellent way to minimise spillage and stains. Great tip 😊

Vasilis59
Level 3
Heraklion, Greece

I agree with all these amenities also very important amenitie is a chair for bady. 

Penny47
Level 4
Sydney, Australia

Thank you for this great advice @Quincy  😊 Both of my listings are specifically fitted out for families with young children. I like to make it easy for parents and carers to make their stay enjoyable. I have specific little areas in both listings that have a children’s play kitchen, toys, board games, books and so much more things that I constantly update. The parents who stay with me always comment and tell me how much they appreciate the toy area because their children spent so much time playing in there, giving them time to relax. I also include in both listings a high chair, baby bath, travel cot, bed bumper and children’s dinnerware, as well as cot sheets, blanket and quilt. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

You're very welcome @Penny47! I hope it's useful 😊 Having read your post, it looks like you've got everything sorted!

I can imagine that it's very rewarding when the parents compliment you for having all those facilities available!

-----

Peter1
Host Advisory Board Alumni
SF, CA

I keep a crib on hand and offer its use to guests free of charge who tell me that they are bringing an infant.  I find that guests really appreciate it and it's reflected in the review.  Also, I let guests know that there is a service they can use to rent infant equipment, delivered to my listing (Babyquip.com) instead of schlepping all the equipment themselves.

Astrid155
Level 2
Calverton, NY

This is a conundrum for me because many infant toddler products are safety tested incessantly and there are still recalls i would prefer Parents bring their own needs because of liability , unforeseen malfunction etc , i dont advertise to 2yo and under guests, i have my grandchildren at my listing but they bring all their stuff!.

John2406
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Astrid155 We find that for "toys", children usually have their own favourites, and usually bring them along! 

Games, books and DVDs are much easier to keep, as often they haven't seen what we provide, or, they love them already so are thrilled we have them as well! 

Felicity11
Host Advisory Board Member
Manly, Australia

As a family our selves I know how much I appreciated being able to stay in Airbnb's that were child friendly and had items we could use and not need to pack to take with us . For busy often exhausted parents a little goes a long way to making a stay enjoyable.

We set our Airbnb up as if our family was going to stay and what sorts of things would we want to find there.  Some of the items we leave in our cottage are

1. A set of six plastic bowls, plates, cups - easily picked up from ikea or K Mart. 
  2. A set of small cutlery with easy to grip handles that can be used to feed small children. 
  3. A bib - always comes in handy!
  4. We leave a range of children's books from basic board books through to story books and even chapter books for older kids - It is amazing how many adults still enjoy the famous five books!  In Australia we are always looking for ways to introduce more of our local culture into our listing for our international guests so I have also added a range of Indigenous children stories!
  5. We have a basket of basic toys that are appreciated by old and young alike. 
  6. We also have a selection of board games for guests to use - nothing like a game of twister to keep people busy.
  7. We live close to a beach so we leave out buckets and spades for guest to use. 
  8. Block out binds - appreciated by many guests especially parents !
  9. We also offer a high chair if needed and a port a cot.
  10. We also mention all the local playgrounds and if they are fenced or not.  

We have had many families come and stay and comment on how nice it is to find things well set up for a family.  It does not take much but it can go a long way to making a guests stay so much easier and enjoyable!