Best rental option

Best rental option

Hello everyone! I bought a property that I am going to use as an Airbnb when I’m not using it. My questions are do I do 1,2,3,4 or 5 bedroom house or do a couple small one bedroom casitas with common space? What rents better 2 bedroom and higher booking rate or 1 or 3. My property is in Merida Yucatan not completely central but very close to central there are not a lot of other rentals in my neighborhood so far I think only one. I would love feedback 

TIA

PAULINA

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Canadian-Bama0 I have no idea what your market is but a few facts/ideas

1) This year our 2 bed listing is the most popular followed by the 3 bed and then the 2 bed. Last year the 3 bed was most popular - no idea why.

2) It is way easier to change over our 1 or 2 bed listing than our 3 bed. Part of this is down to design so design your places for ease of cleaning/maintenance

3) I personally think shared spaces are not the way to go - High risk of one guest upsetting another and I personally want my own space when I travel.

Can you be clever in your design to have say a 2 bed and a 3 bed listing that can be joined to make a 5 bed listing? This might give you the best of all worlds and the market can decide what they want.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

To find out what configuration is best you need to do market research into the the STR market in your area. This is an international community so we are likely to know what configurations work best in your area I'm afraid @Canadian-Bama0 

Rosalba106
Level 1
Mérida, Mexico

Hola buen dia. Mi nombre es Rosalba .

Desde el año 2017 son anfitrion de airbnb.

Y la casa le contruido cada vez mas habitaciones. Y me pregunto, que seriA mejor dividir la casa. O seguir asi. 

Tengo la facilidas de divisiela y sacar dos casas, una de 4 habitaciones y otra de 3 habitaciones cada uma con servicio de sala comedor y cocina. O sequir con una sola de 7 habitaciones cada una tiene baño completo. Y totalmente quipDa. 

La casa se llama  Casa Sol y Luna. 

Ustedes que me sugieren?

Agradezco. Gracias.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Rosalba106 If the configuration allows I would create a 3 bed and a 4 bed house but also list a 7 bed place that comprises both the other listings. Ideally with a lockable/boltable both sides  door joining the two smaller places.

We have 3 apartments. A 1 bed, a 2 bed and a 3 bed. The combination of the 1 and 2 bed makes more money that the 3 bed.