Calendar blocked- listing active

Answered!
Saha102
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

Calendar blocked- listing active

Hi,

I am starting to lose my patience..!. 

Seems that my listing is suspended- or at least the calendar is completely blocked, and I am not able to do anything to unblock this. I have had numerous contacts with Customer Support who apologized for the inconvenience and simply referred me to their specialized team who will resolve this issue. .This Specialized team has not been in contact with me at all.

My listing has never received a bad review, nor have I broken any rules of Terms and Regulations. I am Superhost with great reviews and a wonderful listing. I have now lost bookings these past two weeks and my account has been suspended. If not fixed within a day, I will absolutely remove my account in totality from AirBnB as this is not acceptable.

In case you have any advice for me, please do let me know.

1 Best Answer
Saha102
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

A quick follow-up on the issue, which luckily is resolved. In fact, Airbnb Customer Support helped me greatly and was very supportive in resolving the issue quickly.

It turned out, that one of my guests notified Airbnb about the cameras we had in front of the cabin, which are installed for the guest's safety. Although clearly listed on Airbnb,  I needed to add additional information.

My advice to all Airbnb hosts, please please be diligent in how you describe the cameras at the property, sharing details provided to me by help support, please list the following:

a. All the devices present in your listing(s)
b. Their specific location
c. The views they capture
d. If they will be actively recording or not during your guests stays

ie: "There are cameras in (location of the devices), pointing out to (the view they capture), and will be recording 24/7 for safety purposes"

Follow these steps to properly disclose the cameras.
1. Listing Details
> Scroll down until Things guests should know: Safety and other considerations > Click on Edit
2. Go to Safety Devices
> Click on YES and Specify the location of all cameras/audio recording devices
3. Complete the requirements.

Hope it helps and mitigates similar situation we experienced.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Saha102 your listing has been suspended. Try going to insights then listing issues and see if it says anything. Sadly Airbnb suspends before investigating and doesnt even have the decency to tell hosts why. @Catherine-Powell doesn't seem to be able to sort even the communication out let alone the suspension issue. Superhost status seems to mean nothing I am afraid.

Saha102
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

The bizarre thing 

The bizarre thing is that there are no issues with my listing. In other words this is a completele Airbnb mistake. I have sadly lost all trust in Airbnb and their ability to resolve this issue. 

IMG_2325.png

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Saha102 ! I am really sorry to hear that you are going through an issue with your listing and from your post it seems like the Support team are working on it. 

Did you happen to come across any guest situation that may have led to this? 

I have also gone ahead and shared your concerns with the team that can review this instance and get in touch with you once they've looked into the details of it.

@Mike-And-Jane0 ! Thank you for always being on the top and helping Hosts with their concerns. You can also always tag us Community Managers in such posts, so that we can quickly reach out to the Support team to get the cases reviewed. 🌻  Thank you again for your lovely support in the community!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Saha102
Level 2
Oslo, Norway

A quick follow-up on the issue, which luckily is resolved. In fact, Airbnb Customer Support helped me greatly and was very supportive in resolving the issue quickly.

It turned out, that one of my guests notified Airbnb about the cameras we had in front of the cabin, which are installed for the guest's safety. Although clearly listed on Airbnb,  I needed to add additional information.

My advice to all Airbnb hosts, please please be diligent in how you describe the cameras at the property, sharing details provided to me by help support, please list the following:

a. All the devices present in your listing(s)
b. Their specific location
c. The views they capture
d. If they will be actively recording or not during your guests stays

ie: "There are cameras in (location of the devices), pointing out to (the view they capture), and will be recording 24/7 for safety purposes"

Follow these steps to properly disclose the cameras.
1. Listing Details
> Scroll down until Things guests should know: Safety and other considerations > Click on Edit
2. Go to Safety Devices
> Click on YES and Specify the location of all cameras/audio recording devices
3. Complete the requirements.

Hope it helps and mitigates similar situation we experienced.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Saha102, Thank you so much for sharing this update with us. I am glad to hear that the situation got resolved and your listing is active again.

We greatly appreciate your advice to our Host Community on how to describe the cameras at the property to avoid future situations.

I am marking your reply as the best answer so other Hosts can find this useful information.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Vanessa2163
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I’m currently going through the same thing! It’s terrible. How long until you were reinstated. 

Hi @Vanessa2163 , it took us about a week or so before I reached out until the case was closed.

I was constantly asking HelpDesk about the support (1-2 times a day). 

Ultimately, when I received an answer from Center Services, the issue was resolved very quickly.

Best of luck, not fun when it happens, luckily it usually does resolve.

@Saha102 

Thank you for posting this information. Many Hosts are not aware that Airbnb requires very specific language regarding security camera disclosures on a listing. However, the Guest Safety section of the listing doesn't mention this. Hosts like you have found out about this only after their listing has been suspended. I wish Airbnb would change the box wording next to security camera disclosures, so Hosts (especially new Hosts) are aware of this. This is what Airbnb currently has:

Airbnb's Standard Wording.png

I wish they would change this to say you must disclose all cameras, their location and whether they actively record audio and/or video.

Sadly, many guests have learned to manipulate the system when they want a refund, or retaliate for breaking a House Rule or are charged for damages. They know that all they have to do is contact Airbnb and complain about "undisclosed cameras." Airbnb will suspend the listing while they investigate. As you pointed out, you did disclose the cameras, but not their specific location and whether they actively record audio and or video. Many Hosts think they have disclosed their cameras properly, but in fact have not. Also, Alexa or other similar devices do record audio, so may be considered as falling under the disclosure requirement. Many Hosts are not aware of this. Those that are aware, remove these devices from the listing. 

Any Mechanism.png

Since Hosts are required to disclose the location of cameras, It's also a good idea to add wording to your dislclosure  and House Rules to prevent guests from attempting to disable or cover a camera (want to have an authorized party, or sneak in addl guests). Some guests have been known to disconnect the Wi-Fi so it disables the cameras. Something like:

"Cameras must remain unobstructed and not tampered with or disconnected."