Can’t contact Airbnb Support, can’t contact our guests

Jeffrey662
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Can’t contact Airbnb Support, can’t contact our guests

I've been a Superhost for two years on two listings, with hundreds of five-star reviews. Recently, we had a guest who stayed four nights, made no complaints, then wanted a full refund after he left. When we didn't give him his money back, he started inventing allegations against us. That triggered a safety review. Support Ambassador Sarah suspended our account and asked for our side of the story.

Unfortunately, Airbnb seems to have introduced a bug which prevents suspended accounts from replying to messages, even ones from Airbnb Support. We've been trying for four days to reply to Sarah. When we try, Airbnb says "Message not sent. Try again".

So we're in a loop: We can't reply to Sarah because our account is suspended, and we can't remove the suspension without replying to Sarah. The only way we can send a message at all is to open a new ticket through the "Contact us" link. We've done that over and over, saying that we can't reply to Sarah. Each time, someone writes back that we have a ticket open with Sarah, and should reply to Sarah, and they close the ticket.

It's been annoying for us, but now it's affecting our guests, too: We have a couple arriving today, and we have no way to contact them. The message thread between us and them is empty. We can't read our previous conversation, and we have no way to give them the door code. They have no way to speak to us until they arrive at the property. I hope they can still see the address, at least.

What are we supposed to do?

Thanks very much,
Jeff Covey

15 Replies 15

I did try. Sarah ignored my question about fixing the bug and just reiterated that my specific problem was resolved. I answered “No” to “Do you still need help?”, to forestall further problems. I also asked Lulu about it. She said I have a thread open with Sarah, and closed ours.

🤷‍♂️

I’m sorry for anyone else lost in this Kafkaesque Catch-22. I hope too many good hosts aren’t lost.

Jeff