Can you please critique my listing? Advice for more bookings?

Answered!

Can you please critique my listing? Advice for more bookings?

Thank you so so much!

1 Best Answer
Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

What a fantastic place! 

I don’t know anything about prices and competition in New York, so cannot comment on that - but a few comments/questions:

You have lots of photos, which is good, if they all add something, and come in a logical order. Maybe remove a few of the view, and those that are duplicates (there were a few of the window next to the make-up table, and the full size mirror was in several photos, too).

People tend not to bother looking through all photos. Even if the view and the shared areas like pool, outdoor areas etc are of course great attractions, people like to be able to quickly and clearly see bed, kitchen, bathroom and living room (sofa, TV), to see if the place is a good fit. I suggest you make sure these rooms/areas are all in the first 10 photos, and a couple of them in the first 5 (showing up at first glance when someone clicks your listing in search results). Mixed with photos of the pool, view and shared areas, as these are very nice!

Most hosts avoid having people, pets and private things like make-up in the photos. My guess is that guests prefer to see the place the way it will look when they stay there - not when someone else lives there? 

Your listing states that it can accomodate 6 people, but that there is only 1 bedroom and 1 bed. Where would they all sleep? Enough chairs to seat 6 at the dining table? I’m not sure how the search algorithm works, but I think that if someone searches for a place for 2 people, listings for 6 people are not likely to appear amongst the first in the search? And if you really have beds for 6 people, but don’t show or mention them, there is risk that guests searching for a place for 6 people, will assume there are not beds for 6.

I did not see a photo showing the whole bed, only several with part of the bed, and could not find information about the size of it?

I did not see a photo of the bathroom? Even if it might not be the easiest room to get good photos of (if it is small), you should at least have 1 photo of it.

Good luck hosting - I see your first reviews are great, so you are off to a good start!

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

What a fantastic place! 

I don’t know anything about prices and competition in New York, so cannot comment on that - but a few comments/questions:

You have lots of photos, which is good, if they all add something, and come in a logical order. Maybe remove a few of the view, and those that are duplicates (there were a few of the window next to the make-up table, and the full size mirror was in several photos, too).

People tend not to bother looking through all photos. Even if the view and the shared areas like pool, outdoor areas etc are of course great attractions, people like to be able to quickly and clearly see bed, kitchen, bathroom and living room (sofa, TV), to see if the place is a good fit. I suggest you make sure these rooms/areas are all in the first 10 photos, and a couple of them in the first 5 (showing up at first glance when someone clicks your listing in search results). Mixed with photos of the pool, view and shared areas, as these are very nice!

Most hosts avoid having people, pets and private things like make-up in the photos. My guess is that guests prefer to see the place the way it will look when they stay there - not when someone else lives there? 

Your listing states that it can accomodate 6 people, but that there is only 1 bedroom and 1 bed. Where would they all sleep? Enough chairs to seat 6 at the dining table? I’m not sure how the search algorithm works, but I think that if someone searches for a place for 2 people, listings for 6 people are not likely to appear amongst the first in the search? And if you really have beds for 6 people, but don’t show or mention them, there is risk that guests searching for a place for 6 people, will assume there are not beds for 6.

I did not see a photo showing the whole bed, only several with part of the bed, and could not find information about the size of it?

I did not see a photo of the bathroom? Even if it might not be the easiest room to get good photos of (if it is small), you should at least have 1 photo of it.

Good luck hosting - I see your first reviews are great, so you are off to a good start!

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Mary-Kate9 

It  say pet friendly is that correct in a condo? 

I think you need to show how you accommodate 6 guest in a 1 bedroom