Changing the category of my listing

Sari1024
Level 1
Hobson, MT

Changing the category of my listing

Hi everyone, I have a sheepwagon in Montana listed. When I first listed it, I placed it in the "shepherds huts" category because that seemed like the most appropriate place to put it. However, after doing so, I have realized that that category is mainly in the UK, and as I am in the US, I don't want travelers to think my listing is in the UK. I have changed it to the countryside & farmstay category, but when I google my listing it still shows up as "Shepherds Hut UK". How do I fix this? 

3 Replies 3
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Sari1024 👋

I can see what you mean. You're lovely farm stay says 'farm stay on your listing' as below: 

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 14.38.42.png

But Google search results seem to still have the old indexed page. 

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 14.39.55.png

From experience, Google indexing updates can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks so you may have to sit tight on this one. 

Your stay looks absolutely beautiful and unique. I hope this helps and it updates soon. 🤞 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Rebecca Ok so I just need to wait it out for awhile then? Thank you for your response and your kind words, I appreciate it! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

You're welcome. If it doesn't change in the next few weeks, feel free to pop back and I can raise it with the tech team! 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines