Cozy corner in Virginia - tips to improve

Answered!
Kal700
Level 1
Marriottsville, MD

Cozy corner in Virginia - tips to improve

Hi all,

im new to hosting and to AirbnB. Please look into my listing and share any tips, advice and suggestions on how to improve visibility and increase bookings. Thank you!

1 Best Answer

Hello @Tatania1 

Here are the steps to change your cover photo:

==>Go to listings

==>Click on that sole picture you see under Your listing

==>Your screen is split in two: Listing Editor and Photo Tour

==>Top right hand corner you see All photos.  All of your photos show up and select the one you would like to have as your thumbnail photo

==>On the right hand side you'll see a caption that says Make cover photo

With this new format, only the first five pictures can be dragged and dropped to be put in the order you want your guests to view your top 5 pictures.  Impossible to do once they have been put by room and we can't change the order of the rooms either so every listing will start the photo tour with the  living room.

I hope this helps and give me a shout if need be😊

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kal700 ! Welcome to the Community Center🌻!

We have a wealth of existing knowledge on tips to improve listings as it has been a much discussed topic for many Hosts.

I wanted to share a few tips and articles which may help :

👉 [GUIDE] Tips To Improve Your Listing by @John7474

👉 TOTW: Tip of the Week from Hosts across the globe 

👉Articles on tips to improve listing performance 

Hope it helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you Bhumika! I will go through the articles.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Kal700 

The first five photos that guests see are the most important ones and should be picked carefully.  I went onto your listing and all five are of the outside of the house!!  One is enough so I would suggest you choose other photos that highlight at a glance what you consider as being the best features of your listing.  

Thank you Joelle43 for that wonderful suggestion! I will definitely fix the photos.

I have a question on this.. Air BB is forcing us to use a new format for pics.. and I cant for the life of Me swap out the first pic that they deem the best.. any clue how to do this, you cant just drag and drop, I've tried adding a new room that didn't work. cant pic main pic there doesn't seem to be an option. 

Hello @Tatania1 

Here are the steps to change your cover photo:

==>Go to listings

==>Click on that sole picture you see under Your listing

==>Your screen is split in two: Listing Editor and Photo Tour

==>Top right hand corner you see All photos.  All of your photos show up and select the one you would like to have as your thumbnail photo

==>On the right hand side you'll see a caption that says Make cover photo

With this new format, only the first five pictures can be dragged and dropped to be put in the order you want your guests to view your top 5 pictures.  Impossible to do once they have been put by room and we can't change the order of the rooms either so every listing will start the photo tour with the  living room.

I hope this helps and give me a shout if need be😊

Joëlle

Thks so much, it seems AirBB already has them room by room and I want a bedroom pic as cover photo - I dont think the living room pic works at all. I couldn't drag and drop any of the pictures even tho I've moved a bedroom pic to the living room which doesn't really fit.  I hope Airbb can sort this as they are trying to force me to change another listing I have and it says it will delete all of my information if I use the new photo layout which definately will not be good as I've spent hours and hours doing and perfecting and constantly tinkering with that Superhost listing.  So basically I tried what you said but there is no option showing to change my cover photo and the bookings are so bad that AirB&B is not working for the property I am working on. 

Hello @Tatania1 

If you want to change your cover photo then the steps are slightly different:

==>Listings

==>click on that one photo where it says Listed

==>Screen splits in two with Listing editor and Photo tour

==>Click on All photos

==>You'll see all of your photos show up and the first picture shows "Cover photo"

==>Click on the photo that you would like to have as your cover photo and you will see come up on the right hand side Make cover photo

And you have changed your cover photo!

Let us know if this worked for you!

🤞

Hi thank I am not getting a make cover photo option. I can move them from room to room, delete, but no option to make cover photo shows up. 

@Tatania1 

Are you sure you're on the right page where you can see the whole of your photo gallery and not shown  by room category? I'm on my mac but it's the same page on my phone.  Example below

Capture d’écran 2024-01-08 à 12.36.22.png

So if I want to change my cover photo to the second picture, I click on that and I see pop up:

Capture d’écran 2024-01-08 à 12.10.58.png

Top right hand corner you see Make cover photo

I've run out of solutions if this doesn't work sorry!

Hi - Changing cover photo - I have worked it out as i was tinkering with another listing of mine.  You need to add the photo to OTHER PHOTOS and from there you can click one of them and it gives you the option to change cover photo.