Critique & ad overview

Critique & ad overview

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 12.00.48 PM.png

Hi, As a relative newbie I’d appreciate any advice on my property ad & especially help with ensuring I have the various airb&b headings up to speed & correctly filled in.

if anyone is local wishes to meet up & view then I’d be more than happy. (Coffee would be on me)

thanx 

🌟 Listing link: Rental unit in Burton Joyce · 2 bedrooms · 1 bath

[Content modified by OCM]

8 Replies 8
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Tony1922 ,

just a little tip: I would personally put your last photo as the cover photo 😉

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

John2406
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Tony1922 - Well, Shaftesbury is a lovely location, as I know only too well, but I'd not ever seen or heard of "Burton Joyce", whilst I already knew that the River Trent was definitely nowhere near the Shaftesbury I know, so one of the browsers I use, came to the rescue by letting me know that your place is in Nottinghamshire (the place I know is in North Dorset!)

Now, I don't know whether there is a place called "Shaftsbury" in Notts, but when I input that placename on Airbnb, the platform immediately defaulted to the Dorset town - so although your images are very important to get right, I would respectfully suggest that either Burton Joyce needs to be the place Airbnb lists your property under, or if not there , then the nearest town or large place of interest (if not too far away) needs to be THE place to gain interest in your accommodation, as you'll then be able to highlight within your wording, how close your place is not only to there, but also to any other places of interest. You do need to get the location right however, for as it is, unless Burton Joyce is a place everyone who wants to stay, is automatically pointed to by Airbnb's algorithms, the other place your would-be Guests' will see, won't be of any benefit to you at all!

I do apologise for saying the above, and hope it won't have come as too much of a shock, although I also hope that by you and Airbnb adjusting the info' the amount of interest and bookings of your place will increase.

As all of the photos of your property are mostly of the interior, with one of the exterior, might I ask whether there's any garden to the property that your Guests are able to use, as that would be of interest to see for anyone wanting to see what's available for their use, whilst returning to what I mentioned as to the nearest town or large place of interest (if not too far away) needing to be THE place to gain interest in your accommodation, photos of "I-want-to-come-to-stay-THERE" places would add to your property's attraction.

Something else you might also need to look at, is the heading for your listing. I

Once the exact location is input for your property, you shouldn't need to include it in the listing's heading, and that it's already listed under UK properties, unless you want to abbreviate that to UK, there isn't really any need to include the Country again, although you might wish to include Nottingham or Nottinghamshire?

What I would really suggest you do is to look at others' listings of properties not only in and around your area, but also further afield to see how others have listed their properties, and then to relook at your heading and see how it might be more attractive to those looking for a place to stay.

You might like to - for instance - say which floor level it's on, but just play around with words. Ask friends, family what they'd be looking for if they stayed in your area, etc.

Hope all of the above will be of some help to you, but I'm off to ring my sister now - and guess where she lives? I'll give you a clue; it's in North Dorset!

Hi @John2406 

I trust you are well & thanks for your time & effort to respond.

some excellent info & pointers which I would never have noticed.

Without a doubt with Airb&b it’s wordplay & trying to navigate through a labyrinth of rules & regs.

Would you think that reducing the rates would encourage further bookings?

Thanks

Tony

Albert99
Level 1
St Paul, MN

@Tony1922 I agree that describing the property in a short title would help. Use something that captures the imagination or that highlights one of the best aspects of the property. Read some other AirBnB listings and see the kinds of titles being used to help you be creative.

Aleksandro3
Level 1
Korçë, Albania

Good job @Tony1922 . Make the clients feel like coming home, play with the title, photos and description. Add extra things on description that others miss.

Andrew2801
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Tony1922 , looks like a nice place. I think you need some pictures of the nearby countryside and the river maybe. I prefer outside pictures for the cover too

Good luck with your new business 

Best Andrew 

Anna1981
Level 2
Miami, FL

Tony, I’d put more verbiage in my description.  Truly why would you rent your space? Local attractions, weather, maybe some exciting events. You can also make it personal, and tell what you love about your area and your place. 

Andries9
Level 2
Centurion, South Africa

Hi Tony,

I would invest in a professional photographer to make your place look really attractive. Or persuade a competent friend to help! The reason I say this is your photos don't really make me want to start saving for a visit. Maybe play with interior panoramic photos? 

I would also mention nearby attractions like the river, restaurants, sightseeing and so on.

All the best! 

(Maybe I should start saving... )

Andries