airbnb.com/h/lake-champlain-loghome

Bhumika_0-1728669718036.png

[Content updated by Community Manager]

3 Replies 3
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Anastasia492 ,

wonderful home indeed! I'm sure that photos don't do justice to the beauty of your home, here you can find some tips on how to best photograph your home:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-How-to-best-photograph-your-home-with-you...

good luck!

Andrea

Oksana127
Level 8
Riga, Latvia

Hi there!

I took a look at your listing for Adirondack-style Log Home on Lake Champlain, and I have a few suggestions that could help you attract more guests and boost your bookings. You’re off to a great start, but here are some areas you might want to refine: Photos:

• Quality & Lighting: Great photos are essential! I’d recommend retaking some shots with better natural lighting to make the space feel warm and inviting. Early morning or late afternoon light can create a soft and cozy atmosphere. Consider hiring a professional photographer or using a smartphone with good lighting techniques.
  • Staging: Declutter each space before photographing to make it look as spacious and clean as possible. Add little touches like a throw blanket on the couch, fresh flowers, or a styled breakfast table. Think of creating a sense of comfort and luxury.
  • Show All Areas: Make sure to showcase every part of your property. If there are any outdoor areas, scenic views, or unique features, highlight them. Even if they seem small, they can add to the charm. Design & Decor:
  • Cohesive Style: Your home could benefit from a more cohesive design theme. Consider giving the space a rustic, cozy Vermont feel that matches the area. Use soft neutral tones with accents like plaid, wood textures, or nature-inspired artwork.
  • Comfort First: Guests love homes that feel comfortable and relaxing. Invest in plush bedding, high-quality pillows, and soft towels. Add a few throw pillows and a rug to create a cozier living space.
  • Unique Touches: Personal touches can make all the difference. For example, local artwork, hand-picked vintage furniture, or books about Vermont can make your space stand out from other generic listings. Listing Description:
  • Highlight Experiences: Instead of just listing features, paint a picture of the guest experience. Mention things like, "Start your morning with coffee on the patio while enjoying views of the Vermont countryside," or "Spend evenings by the cozy fireplace with a book from our curated library." The more you make guests imagine themselves in the space, the better.
  • Clear Expectations: Be sure to set clear expectations in the description. Let guests know about nearby attractions, whether the area is quiet or more lively, and if there are any quirks of the house they should know. Hosting Tips:
  • Quick Responses: Make sure you respond to guest inquiries as quickly as possible. Airbnb often rewards responsive hosts with better search rankings.
  • Guest Communication: Be proactive in communication before, during, and after their stay. A quick "welcome" message or offering tips on local restaurants and attractions can really elevate their experience.
  • Reviews & Feedback: After each stay, politely ask guests for a review, especially if they mention they had a great time. Good reviews are key to building trust with future guests. House Rules & Flexibility:
  • Clear, but Friendly House Rules: Set clear house rules, but try to keep them as guest-friendly as possible. Guests appreciate hosts who are flexible with check-in/check-out times, especially if you aren't expecting new guests right away.
  • Flexible Pricing: Adjust your prices based on demand. Offer discounts for longer stays or mid-week bookings. During off-season, consider lowering your nightly rate or offering a promotion to fill your calendar. Local Insights:
  • Insider Tips: Create a small guidebook for your guests with recommendations on local spots. Include unique restaurants, hiking trails, or activities in the Bridport area that they might not find on their own. Personal insights can make their stay feel more special.

By making these small adjustments to your listing, I’m confident you’ll attract more bookings and offer an even more delightful guest experience!

Good luck

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Anastasia492 

Your calendar has very limited availability until the holidays, December and January and no discount to take a chance,  I would turn on the Airbnb New Host Discount.

I would create sone guidebooks that help people see what is available to do on vacation.  Design 1 for a group of 8 adults and 1 for a mixed group adults with kids,

Since coming into the season design a guidebook for skiers.  Mention ski storage on the property maybe you have a mud room.  Speak to the market you are trying to attract.

Your house is beautiful and huge.  Maybe instead of the exterior photo use the beautiful living room  Luxury but comfortable that would be more enticing to someone planning for 8 people as spacious but inviting.