Critique my listing - Craig in Georgia USA

Craig806
Level 2
Lawrenceville, GA

Critique my listing - Craig in Georgia USA

New to Airbnb and would like some advice on how to attract more bookings.  Been getting a few bookings mostly on the weekend.  My cabin is located in Helen, GA, September and October are the biggest months for rental for Octoberfest.    

Listing link:  Cabin in Sautee Nacoochee · ★5.0 · 2 bedrooms · 4 beds · 2 baths

IMG_2706.jpegIMG_2709.jpegIMG_2711.jpegIMG_2726.jpegIMG_2730.jpeg

21 Replies 21

Hello Paula, 

My wife and I have been taking in all the comments and are very thankful for the suggestions.  We will be implementing the suggestions that were provided.  Before getting a photographer we have some decorating to do to make the cabin a little more cozy and additional lighting. 

Thanks to everyone and their suggestions!

Richard2356
Level 2
Blue Ridge, GA

@Craig806 It is not a complete listing and once you get to 100% complete, you listing will go up in AirBnB searches.

You need professional photos. Professional photos by a real estate photographer will get you more bookings. Photos are the first impression to potential guests. Yours are not good. 

All of your photos need to add Descriptions and amenities listed for each room - once again AirBnB search looks for this. 

Description needs to better explain the "terrace" level as I assuming it is not a separate  booking, just part of the full rental.

You have not completed the "Neighborhood" section that shows up under the map.

I highly suggest going back to the Edit Listing page and go back through every section and every setting. Your goal is a 100% complete listing. 

Go to the following link to see a 100% complete listing - one I manage in Cherry Log GA: High occupancy rate. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/52992219

@Richard2356

Thank you for your suggestions, I went to your listing and I see what you mean about the pictures and listing.  By the way, my wife loves the bear picture and the picture you have over your fireplace.  We will be hiring a professional photographer. 

Rosa3309
Level 2
Austin, TX

Hello @Craig806  & welcome! Foremost I believe that guest shop through the photos first assuming that they've set up some filters to show them a list of possible matches. I can't stress enough the importance of the first photo followed by the next 4. Once you've taken the suggestions into account, redo your photos. Some are very dark and I daresay depressing as I wouldn't feel happy picturing myself there. Your property is out in nature, maybe bring in some greenery to add color. Definitely highlight how your guest would be able to entertain themselves in your space.  Best of luck!

@Craig806  & Suzanne,

This looks like a lovely place to spend some time.  I finally figured out that you actually have two spaces combined into one.  I am wondering why you don't advertise them separately during Octoberfest.  The apartment would be perfect for a couple and the main house would work for a family.    I agree with another's comment that this gray & white bedroom needs bedside lamps and some artwork.  Perhaps a photo of the surrounding foret in the fall.  The room definitely needs some color to bounce out at the viewer.

I found your description to be excellent.  You have missed none of the amenities your Airbnb has to offer.  I am confused, though, are there two living rooms.  You should separate the photos.  Have the upstairs all together and the  downstairs all together. 

A charming place for sure!  Best of luck!

Hi there.  Quite a nice looking cabin. We have a few suggestions we think may help.

1. Make sure you are priced appropriately for your area, 

2. Offer an off season, middle of the week discount and discounts for stays over say 7 days or so. We offer 15%. This has helped us book more nights and has increased revenue by about 30%. 

3. We maintain a separate website with links to our Airbnb listing. We hand out business cards to direct people to our site. We have the same pictures as the Airbnb listing's (we have two units). On the website we link to nearby activities, restaurants, and attractions. It takes extra work to set up but pays for itself in increased bookings. 

4. This next suggestion was the first thing that came to mind reviewing your listing. It's much too long and detailed.  For example, renters don't particularly care what model coffee maker you provide, just that there is one.  We provide a single serve pod type brewer and good coffee.  

All in all we would try to shoot for clear, concise,  simple listing.

5. I always meet guests for their check in.  They usually have questions and/or are looking for suggestions.  It adds a personal touch which is a benefit to renter and host alike. 

In We always try to make everything are easy for guests as possible. 

There are always more suggestions.  Hope you find something useful. Host are offering a lot of good tips here.

Good luck, Ron and Barb 

Rebecca2096
Level 2
Manhattan, KS

PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY PLEASE

The verticals are all wonky, white balance off, dark, green overtones - ifyou want yrou listing to stand out, HIRE A PHOTOGRAPHER - please.

Also - bedroom count is unclear. 

Wall art, hire a designer on fiverr to look at the photos and give tips on wall decorations, and warm lighting (not neutral neon bulbs).

Study the other airbnbs in the area and also otehr cabins all over US. 

Highlight a PROFESSIONAL nighttime HDR shot with the porch lights on cover. Google "real estate photography" and then check their website for experience with airbnb or call the photographer to ask if they have airbnb experience. Or contact local hosts and ask whom they use.

Watch youtube videos on how to set up and design an airbnb....

Better clearer descriptions of photos - add a floorplan (photographers can do this also or use cubicasa app).

There are so many cheap options now at target etc there is no reason to cheap out on design. And you will make the $200-400 you paid the photographer back in one week end and get double the bookings.....they use real HDR brackets have a $3000 lens and camera and trust me whne I say the listing will look 400% better.

Keep going you will make a lot of money! Just copare yours to what is there, and be smart - keep researching, watching videos on youtube and keep improving it.  Also stay in an amazing airbnb yoruself as market research and in a nice hotel to research how the hosts behave, how guests are treated nad to see what it is like (if you ar neot used to travel yourself). I hope this helps!!! Emjoy!

PS: never clean it yourself, always hire a professional cleaner or train one.

Rebecca