Critique my listing! Grace, Glastonbury UK

Critique my listing! Grace, Glastonbury UK

PHOTO-2024-08-29-15-24-09.jpeg

Here is the link: 

airbnb.com/h/pimpernels

Hello fellow hosts,

We started our Airbnb business in July, it is decorated with a fairly unique aesthetic with lots of dark paint and flower installations in every room (I will not be repainting 😸). 

Initially we offered it as rooms (the whole top floor)  because we had not finished prepping other parts of the house. The bookings over summer were fairly often and we garnered 13  5* reviews with guests wanting to come back and book for next year.  

However,  since changing the category from ‘rooms’ to ‘entire’ we have not had a single booking! I don’t know if it’s the season slowing down or that groups of people need months to prepare and book an entire house?

I am considering doing a 1 and 2 bed option (it’s currently a 3 x bed house) to see if that helps attract guests? 

Feel a bit despondent if I am honest…any help/ guidance would be gratefully received.

Thank you ☺️ 

5 Replies 5
Frederick153
Level 3
Santa Monica, CA

Hi @Grace1158 ,

One way to enhance your guests' experience is by creating a detailed and welcoming guest book. It’s a great way to provide important information and make your guests feel at home. You might include sections like:

• House Rules: Clear and friendly guidelines to ensure everyone’s comfort.
  • Local Recommendations: Suggestions for nearby restaurants, attractions, and hidden gems.
  • House Instructions: How to use appliances or other special features of your home.

There are some excellent customizable templates available online like templacity that can help you create a professional and personalized welcome book. They’re easy to use and can make a big difference in how your guests experience your property.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your listing!

Thank you for your suggestions!

I have a Guest Book with recommendations of places to eat and visit - it doesn’t include my house rules so I’ll look into changing that. 👍

@Grace1158  always a pleasure to help out!

What would be even greater is to print the house rules and wifi and hang them as signs in the best spots at your property here's some examples here and yeah adding house rules definitely drops down disputes and bad reviews to a bare minimum unless the guest is truly uncivilized. Anyway Good luck on you hosting journey!

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Grace1158 , nice house! You should change the order of the photos in the bedrooms so that the section "Where you’ll sleep" will show the right ones 😉

Andrea

https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Grace1158 

Just my opinion but you may want to consider because I think lack of bookings says potential Guests have the same impression

A potential Guest - I am looking to buy a vacation experience for 6 people.

I am focused on comfort, safety, and activities.

Your pictures and description focus on your perfect decocting which I agree is outstanding..

My mindset as a Guest though is your priority is your environment not my enjoying my vacation.

Not that I intend to cause any disruption to the environment it is beautiful, but I am scared an accidental spill or something will be a big issue for you.   The experience fir me would be purchasing stress for my vacation.  Instead of enjoying the area I am eagle watching my group.