Critique my listing - Jay in Grand Gaube, Mauritius

Poorna-Jay-Madhav0
Level 1
Perth, Australia

Critique my listing - Jay in Grand Gaube, Mauritius

12.jpeg

Hello everyone,

I'm a new host facing challenges with maintaining consistent bookings.

I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to review my listing and provide feedback on any areas for improvement. Whether it's missing house rules, unclear descriptions, or general tips to boost my bookings, I'm open to your advice.

Here's the link to my listing: 

airbnb.com/h/modern-oceanfront-getaway-secluded-mauritius

Thank you in advance for your time and valuable insight!

Best regards,

J

[Content modified by OCM]

9 Replies 9
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Poorna-Jay-Madhav0 , well ... I have nothing to say, you made a great job with your listing!

Andrea

@Poorna-Jay-Madhav0 Beautiful listing..if anything is there a lot of competition in the same building..everything looks n sounds fantastic 

@Poorna-Jay-Madhav0 Your place looks beautiful! I'd recommend showing a picture that's a clear example of the view from the balcony. It is hard to get a sense of what the view from the space is. 

Also, I would get co2 alarms. They're an inexpensive safety feature that is a must-have for a lot of people. 

Randy589
Level 2
Grand Rapids, MI

@Poorna-Jay-Madhav0 Well designed, great photography. Simply one of the best overall listings I have seen! No suggestions for improvements.

Rafael1870
Level 2
New York, NY

@Poorna-Jay-Madhav0 I’ll echo what others are saying. Great job putting the listing together. If things don’t change on the booking side, perhaps reconsider which picture you’ll use to showcase your property. I get it that you want to showcase that it’s right by the water, hence a panoramic view picture from the sky but this could be leading to eyeballs shifting to other listings when your listing comes up in the search results. I see that you have some solid pictures of the interior. If only there was a way to showcase the interior and proximity to the water at the same time  (I would use that as my default picture). This is more of art than a science and I’m sure you’ll figure it out with trial and error. Good luck!

Rafa

@Poorna-Jay-Madhav0 

Beautiful listing, my compliments

I see nothing wrong in the house or in the ad, except - perhaps - the presence of cameras, that many guests do not like...

Paola1715
Peter3988
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I think your listing looks fantastic. And the pricing for an oceanfront property with pool and other amenities seems very reasonable. Re: additional photos, you only have one picture of the beach/view from the balcony and the view is not the focus. Given the proximity to the ocean, nice views, including sunset if possible, would be nice.  

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Poorna-Jay-Madhav0, I’m very glad to see all these amazing comments and suggestions from our Hosts. I agree, your property is stunning 😍

Please let us know when you’ve had a chance to read them, and keep us posted on the changes you’re planning to implement.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Noelle194
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi @Poorna-Jay-Madhav0 , I see that your pricing is competitive. Some more established people have sept and Oct fully booked though which means you need to make sure you are high up in the algorhythm. One way to do this is turn on instant book (for guests with 5star reviews), as well as following other suggestions from the AirBnB app. In addition I would have the first picture be the view of the ocean from the patio rather than the drone pic. But make sure it’s more

zoomed in toward the ocean(while still showing a bit of the table n chairs), so the guest feels what it will be like to relax with that view. In addition add art to make it feel more personal. I printed pictures I had taken on canvas cheaply but there are other inexpensive ways to add art. Otherwise it looks like a nice clean space but I would try to angle the picture of the living room differently as well as have a separate picture of the kitchen. Additionally, set the rates even lower so you get the first 3 guests and get excellent reviews.  However the deal needs to be for dates that are soon so you get the reviews soon- or set your rates very low but only have the calendar open for a short time, so that people only get the cheap rates in the next month and get some 6 star reviews ASAP.  Then slowly raise rates.