Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Critique my listing - Jeremy in Manchester CT

Jeremy1133
Level 2
Manchester, CT

Critique my listing - Jeremy in Manchester CT

Looking for feedback on my listing. I've been procrastinating on updating the listing photos. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The only advice I got from a guest was to add a desk to bedroom which I did. Other than that everytime I ask a guest for improvement suggestions I get no response. 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1158305983131617520?viralityEntryPoint=1&s=76

3 Replies 3
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Jeremy1133 ,

I took a quick look at your listing and it seems to me that the photos are a little dark, I think you could improve them, here are some tips on how to best photograph your home:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-How-to-best-photograph-your-home-with-you...

good luck!

Andrea

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jeremy1133 😊

Thank you for asking this in the community! It’s a very good practice to do so.

I’m mentioning a few experienced hosts who might give you great advice about your listing: @Zheng49@Hugo990@Anton7298@Angela1056 and @Dave-and-Deb0

Thank you in advance, everyone!

Warm regards 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center

Thank you for the honor @Elisa !

@Jeremy1133 Here are a few suggestions to make your listing even more appealing:

1.  Better Hero Images choice (the 5 main listing photos that guests see first)

- Change the empty locker picture with the outside photo of your property

- also add your dedicated workspace picture

- Eliminate Duplicate Area Photos
Ensure that each of the five images shows a different aspect of the home. Avoid repetitive shots of the same space from different angles. Instead, cover:
.Cozy bedroom
.Living area
.Bathroom or kitchen
.Outdoor space (front/back yard, porch)
.Dedicated workspace

2 . Title Optimization

To improve the title "Cozy Private Room in Prime Area" for better SEO and clarity, consider making it more specific and highlighting key features or location benefits. Here are suggestions:

- Add a Specific Location: Mention the neighborhood or city to attract searches for that area.

- Include a Unique Feature: Highlight something special about the room or stay (e.g., proximity to attractions, amenities, or comfort level).

3. Upgrade Your Photos
Ensure you have high-quality, professional photos showcasing the best features of the home, such as the cozy bedroom, shared spaces, and outdoor areas (front and back porch). High-quality lighting can enhance your images and attract more guests.

4. Highlight Local Attractions
While you mention a peaceful neighborhood, adding specific details about nearby restaurants, shopping, and local attractions can help potential guests imagine their stay more vividly. Consider listing popular spots that are within walking distance or a short drive.

5. Offer Unique Amenities
The listing provides excellent amenities like Wi-Fi and a dedicated workspace, but consider adding extras like complimentary snacks or a welcome guidebook for nearby attractions and restaurants to create a more personal touch.

6. Refine the Description
You have a great description, but you could expand on the guest experience by describing what makes your home unique. For example, add a personal story about the space or the area to create a connection with potential guests.
These tweaks can help your listing stand out further and potentially increase bookings!

7. Adding a "Where You'll Sleep" Section