Critique my listing: John6275 in Palm Harbor, Florida

Answered!

Critique my listing: John6275 in Palm Harbor, Florida

We started our vacation rental in Spring of 2022 here in the Palm Harbor Florida area (Tampa/St. Peter area).  Priced it low to get volume to get ratings.  We were booked constantly.   We then did more research and bumped our prices up to what the area seems to be getting.  Our volume did go down but stayed book about 60% up until Mid-July.  60% occupied is fine with us.  It more than covers our cost and keeps the wear and tear down on the property.  Since then, we have had no bookings until early November and a week in December (over 3 months empty).      We are just up the street from the quaint downtown Palm Harbor, newly renovated 3-bedroom, 2 bathroom, extremely clean, very nicely landscaped property where the garage was converted into a man-cave, with large sectional couch and large screen TV.  Everyone that stays raves over the place.  Struggling to understand why, it all of a sudden stopped.  We have 5 star ratings and great reviews.  I get July and August being our off season but thought September on we would get something going. 

We don't have a pool, so I know the hotter months will be slower.  

Is this normal volume?  Any advice, especially form local host on where I might be going wrong, would be greatly appreciated.  Our property is titled Tropical Oasis / Completely Renovated / Man Cave, located near downtown Palm Harbor 14th St and Florida Ave, if you want to look at it and let me know where I may be missing something.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/624589737774424167?source_impression_id=p3_1666967658_dnV2yzBJ1TWTLMj...

1 Best Answer
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@John6275 You got a boost in the beginning because you were anew hosts.

Some suggestions.

1.  Delete photos 18 to the end. Way too many pictures and the area looks really congested. 
2. Showcase your home itself with more pictures and take them in landscape so one can see the entire bedrooms, living room, and dining room. 

3. Take photos of man cage and without the garage door being visible. 
4. Make your profile picture standout—get a close-up shot. 
5. Make your garden oasis stand out with more landscaped pictures. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@John6275 You got a boost in the beginning because you were anew hosts.

Some suggestions.

1.  Delete photos 18 to the end. Way too many pictures and the area looks really congested. 
2. Showcase your home itself with more pictures and take them in landscape so one can see the entire bedrooms, living room, and dining room. 

3. Take photos of man cage and without the garage door being visible. 
4. Make your profile picture standout—get a close-up shot. 
5. Make your garden oasis stand out with more landscaped pictures. 

Thanks for the advice.  I will give it a shot.

Can I talk with you regarding our soon to be listed house in Holiday and get some ideas from you?

**[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise or share contact details on the Community Center.

Your listing looks good-clean space.  I do not see the bay view as you listed?   THere are a few photos like driveway and window that can be deleted.  I do recommend keeping in the marketing info.  Also, I always recommend snacks for guests.  Our property has not been booking as well either-maybe it is just the season.