Critique my listing - London, UK

Critique my listing - London, UK

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 11.09.51.png

Hi Guys,

I have listed my property in the last two months and we have had about 70% booking each month since.

kindly critique with the link below for us to improve and possibly drive traffic and improve in our revenue. 

airbnb.com/h/your-comfort-and-serenity

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards,

Babatunde

🏡 View on AirbnbHome in Greater London · 3 bedrooms · 1 bathroom

8 Replies 8
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Babatunde9 👋

I hope you don't mind, I added a photo and a link to your listing to your post. I'm hoping that with easier access, more hosts will pop by and support you with constructive and helpful feedback.  😍

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Rebecca,

Absolutely, no worries. Thank you very much.

Regards

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Babatunde9 So what I see when I look at your 5 person listing is

Lounge: Seating for 3 people

Dining: Seating for 2 people on bar stools

Outside: Seating for no people.

Oh and I see the toilet seat is up.

I don't know if you can improve on any of the above but it comes across as a bit basic/deficient to me. Facebook Marketplace is your friend if you have space to fit more in.

@Babatunde9 Hello! What a beautiful home you have.

As a  suggestion, I would take some photos of the insides of the cupboards to show what you’re offering in terms of dining wear. I say this because the home looks like it would be suited for people staying on a longer term

One opportunity I do see is that the home looks a little bit empty. You may want to add some stylish/inespendive throw rugs, as well as some decor to warm the unit up to make it feel more inviting.

Francisca314
Level 2
Saint Davids, Grenada

Hi .@Babatunde9,

Your space looks new, modern, and clean, which is a plus. I suggest adding more photos, with some detailed shots, to highlight functional spaces. If the furniture situation is still the same as depicted in the photo scroll, this is an area for improvement, more furniture is needed to accommodate the advertised guest.

All the best!

Jilayne0
Level 2
Charleston, SC

@Babatunde9 Hi! It looks nice and clean! I agree with one of the other comments on the need to provide enough seating for 5 guests. Definitely add something fun to the patio area as that is a bonus space. Some color and warmth through pillows, art, etc would make it look a bit more happy and welcoming. 

Fiona799
Level 2
Chicago, IL

@Babatunde9 Looks great - nice and modern and 70% seems like a fantastic return for such a new listing!

If i was going to be picky- For me - it needs more warmth in the lounge area - I would add items to your shelving to create ambiance.  I would add green.  I would also add maybe some books / games for people to borrow. 

There doesn't seem to be enough seating in the lounge area for 5 people?

I only see 2 bar stools at the kitchen island?  how do 5 people eat here?

I would add what there is to do close by - how far is central london?  what public transport is there? how many cars can park there?

I would re-take photos of the bathrooms - no-one wants to see a toilet seat up like a man has been there! 

A camera in the kitchen would put me off. is this necessary for safety?  Is for people breaking in from the back garden?  If so i would make it clear it is pointed at the back door 

You have a picture of a back patio but no furniture to sit outside to use?

Jennifer3441
Level 2
Long Branch, NJ

@Babatunde9 I would change the name/description. I don't see it as comfortable/serene. Rather, it's sleek and stylish and looks very clean and minimalist which has huge appeal. Agree with other comments that the furnishings are a bit sparse for five people, and showing some kind of outdoor furniture would be more inviting. I might also add more chairs at the kitchen island, and some signs of actually living, like a fruit bowl or some place settings, or even a wine cooler with some glasses and a little cutting board with cheeses/fruit. It looks like it would be a fun place to stay and share some good times in that kitchen!