Critique my listing, Makenzie, Texas, Lake Tawakoni

Makenzie15
Level 2
Quinlan, TX

Critique my listing, Makenzie, Texas, Lake Tawakoni

My name is Makenzie, I am a current host and family to the owners of our rental! We launched our Texas, Lake Tawakoni house in October of ‘22 and it’s been amazing since! 

so glad to be here! 

id love any feedback if yall take a glance at our booking. I know there can be no peak seasons but id love to find ways to get bookings in that time too without discount our rates too much. Even if it means offering something else onsite. 

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

10 Replies 10
Cathy1183
Level 1
Texas, United States

@Makenzie15 Your place looks beautiful and you have lots of great reviews. First, I’d take out the phrase “if you don’t mind the country.” Instead, state that the house is an x-minutes drive from town or x-miles, where the x is whatever number belongs there. Our place is way out in the country and people choose it because of that, so there’s no need to state it as though you are apologizing in advance for it being in the country!! Also, there are some typos in the description—people can be strange about that. Besides that, clearly explain in the listing about the loft bedroom being open to below and therefore neither private nor quiet. In my experience as a guest, I really like to know things like this ahead of time. Good luck!

Cathy

Antony14
Level 2
California, United States

@Makenzie15 , @Cathy1183 's comments said all I was going to say.  Awesome looking place.  Correct the typos, and describe the lofts relationship to the rest of the house, and you're good to go.  

Angela3878
Level 2
Houma, LA

@Makenzie15 Your place is incredibly beautiful and perfect for a small gathering or a family get away. I am new to hosting this year so I am always looking to improve my listing as well. I love your Welcome Guide, I need to work on mine. Honestly from the comments the main concern seems to be the openness of the loft not being described. The cleanliness comment, well those will happen. I work incredibly hard to keep mine looking brand new every time, it does take lots of effort. We are in a small town and I am always amazed with many bookings we actually have. I feel like working on your description is my only critique. You’re doing a beautiful job!

Angela

Bronwyn102
Level 2
Highlands, NJ

@Makenzie15 Just beautiful!  I'm already looking reaching out to family for a reunion at your beautiful listing 🐵

The house and property are just beautiful.  I would put emphasis on "outdoor enthusiasts" and capitalize on the lake and outdoor features in your description... list more fun things to do in the area.  Ice cream shop? stores for food shopping? Can you fish in the lake?  

Your off to a great 2 years already!  🐵

Bronwyn

Adam2067
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

@Makenzie15 While I’m new to Airbnb, I’m eager to contribute. I really like your listing; it looks fantastic both inside and out. I agree with Cathy1183. Your property is stunning, and the reviews are impressive. Consider phrasing the rural location positively, highlighting it as a serene countryside setting that attracts guests seeking peace and quiet. Additionally, it would be beneficial to clearly mention in the listing that the loft bedroom is open to below, which may affect privacy and quietness. As a guest, I appreciate having this information upfront. Adding towel hangers in the bathroom, if possible, would be a nice touch but not essential.

Best of luck and keep up the excellent work—you're on the right track!

Adam

Angela1496
Level 3
Christchurch, New Zealand

Very happy to help. I’ll pop back in here in a couple hours to take a look. 

Hi @Makenzie15 , you have an absolutely beautiful place, and from your reviews, it looks like your listing is doing very well! Here is some feedback from a quick glance at your listing:

• Select the top 5 best photos to appear first, ensuring no repeats including the main listing photo. It would be best to either remove the outdoor photo with the firewood, or make it the 5th photo!
  • Include the bedroom and bathroom layout and types of beds on your listing description, you are welcome to review one of my listings and follow the same!
  • If accepting events, it is best to specify the types of events, maximum capacity for attendees, parking spaces, etc.

I have been hosting for over seven years, with the last two years focusing on events. What I didn't realize initially is that hosting family and corporate events requires a different approach and commitment level than regular Airbnb stays. It involves running everything as a business, and without the right resources, it can quickly become overwhelming.

Please feel welcome to reach out with any additional questions or comments. I am currently traveling and may not be able to respond quickly, but happy to do so when I get a chance.  I hope these comments are helpful to you, wishing you all the best!

Angie

Alex9908
Level 1
Wigan, United Kingdom

@Makenzie15 Outstanding place one thing that caught my eye and made me think as if I was a guest myself is the bedding I only say this because I know it will make a difference for you the way the white cover sheet hangs off is not attractive and the pillows on the roof beds, make it look more comfortable an take new pic xx

IMG_3345.png

IMG_3346.png

IMG_3344.png

Ada-Luz0
Level 2
Garden City, NY

@Cathy1183 hit all the points.   Your house is beautiful.   The typos need to be corrected and I would definitely remove the “if you don’t mind the country.”

Bubby0
Level 2
Portland, OR

Hi @Makenzie15 ! Your place looks awesome! Love the colors inside, and what a cool property to be able to share. My only feedback would be to personally respond to each of your reviews, especially the ones that are less than 5 stars or contain recommendations. 

This shows your potential guests that you are highly engaged and willing to make improvements when there is the opportunity to do so. I try to implement any feedback I get in a review, and then I will go and update that person thank them for the ideas. 

In the app, go to Menu on bottom right and then Insights. Click on your stats and then your rating, and from there you can easily respond to all your reviews. 

Overall, this looks excellent! Feel free to check out my Airbnb in Portland, OR to see if there is anything in our listing that sparks some ideas!

Best,

Bubby

Owner, The Yellow Cottage