Critique my listing Michal from Prague, Czechia

Answered!
Michal225
Level 2
Prague, Czechia

Critique my listing Michal from Prague, Czechia

Hello, Airbnb community,

I am a new host in Prague and I would like to know your feedback on my newly published listing. 

Anything, you think can help me to boost my first bookings, is welcome!

Here you can find it: https://airbnb.com/h/huge-family-friendly-maisonette-with-garage

Is anything you miss there? What do you think about my pricing? 

Thank you in advance,

Michal

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 15.01.00.png

1 Best Answer
Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi @Michal225 

Greetings from Perth Australia... we've been to Prague only once but absolutely loved it!!

I've got a couple of comments that hopefully will help in some way. 

Looking at your calendar there isn't much availability except for 9 days in the middle of July, the last week of July and all of August, then nothing until 7 days in November. Also there is a 5 or 6 day minimum booking which is your choice but if your calendar is only open for short periods you will not appear in many peoples search results.  If you are trying to get things going and some reviews consider allowing shorter stays. I can't speak to your price, you have to look at your competition and see. Yours is very much a  family set up- in fact it's only for a family (second bedroom is clearly a kid space) which could be limiting you as well. I also notice check-in from 10:00 am and check out before 12:00. Hopefully you have a day between bookings or you need to change this!

Some of your photos are very skewed (weird angles) try to correct that, and you only need the best photos, not too many.

I wish you luck, all the best, New Host!

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Michal225 

I had a look at your listing and it is really lovely and really well described and fabulous for families!!  There is one thing though that left me a bit confused - you describe it as a "maisonette" also a "condo"(American) and also an "apartment" but which one is it??  

If you're French a maisonette means a small house and if you're English it can also mean it's a small house or accommodation on a split level so I think I would use the word "duplex" which is understandable in both languages and appropriate for your listing.  So I would drop the word maisonette and condo and just use "a duplex apartment" which is consistent with the description of your place.

That roof top terrace is just amazing and I would really like to see some pictures of that!  Wow factor!  Strangely enough, although I can see it in your top 5 pictures, when I click on the photos it disappears.  Have a look in the "rooms and spaces" on your listing and I'm pretty sure there's an "exterior" section that you can add pictures to this wonderful terrace.

As far as pricing goes, you need to identify the listings that are in competition with you - put them in a wish list (need to revert to being in guest mode) and then keep a regular eye on their pricing according to the time of year and see how you compare taking into account your location and all that you offer.  Being able to park in the city centre has to be a real plus and highly sought after by European travellers.

All the best

Joëlle

Hello Joëlle,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback. I am thrilled you like it!

You are correct that  "maisonette" can be confusing and "a duplex apartment" fits much more into my listing. I will change it.

I don't understand why this happens if you click on a specific picture it does not zoom on it. I will try what you are writing about and if it does not help I will contact the support department if there is any bug.

Best regards,

Michal

Hello @Michal225 

Here is where I have put the pictures of my terrace that show up on my listing:

In host mode go to Menu

==>Listing details

==>Property and rooms

==>Rooms and spaces EDIT

==>Tick all "areas that guests can use" - the very last one is the "exterior" and then you choose the photos that correspond to that as shown in my screen shot

It would be a shame not to show such a great outdoor space😉

Capture d’écran 2023-05-26 à 14.28.58.png

All the best in your new venture;

Joëlle

Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Hi @Michal225 

Greetings from Perth Australia... we've been to Prague only once but absolutely loved it!!

I've got a couple of comments that hopefully will help in some way. 

Looking at your calendar there isn't much availability except for 9 days in the middle of July, the last week of July and all of August, then nothing until 7 days in November. Also there is a 5 or 6 day minimum booking which is your choice but if your calendar is only open for short periods you will not appear in many peoples search results.  If you are trying to get things going and some reviews consider allowing shorter stays. I can't speak to your price, you have to look at your competition and see. Yours is very much a  family set up- in fact it's only for a family (second bedroom is clearly a kid space) which could be limiting you as well. I also notice check-in from 10:00 am and check out before 12:00. Hopefully you have a day between bookings or you need to change this!

Some of your photos are very skewed (weird angles) try to correct that, and you only need the best photos, not too many.

I wish you luck, all the best, New Host!

Hello,

sending warm greetings to Perth!

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. 

My listing is limited because I live there with my family and availability is corresponding with our holidays. 

I prefer to host families, but still, the second bedroom, the second bathroom(with bathtub) and the living room can be adjusted for adults as well. 

Between check-in and check-out I set a minimum of 2 days, so I have enough time to clear the apartment and get ready for the next guests. Thank you for the warning.

About the pictures, I hired a professional interior photographer so I let her make the job done. I believe it's a matter of personal preferences, but still thank you for your opinion. 

Once again thank you for the time you spent on writing me this feedback!

Best regards,

Michal