Critique my listing - View Park-Windsor Hills, California, United States

Lorie137
Level 2
Anaheim, CA

Critique my listing - View Park-Windsor Hills, California, United States

It’s the first of the month and I’m new to Airbnb and I dnt have any one booked yet for this month any ideas to help me here is my link to my Airbnb to see what could help 

Listing's link: https://abnb.me/WeJz7EFU8Db

[Title updated by Community Manager for relevancy]

8 Replies 8
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello again @Lorie137 😊

I am glad to see you starting your critique listing thread. I am reaching out to some fellow Hosts to see if they would like to share their feedback: @Patricia2526 @Dawn241 @Bettye6 and @Gwen386 

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

Hello @Lorie137 , I would start by making things look more inviting. People need to visualize themselves staying in your place. With the Murphy bed closed up and plastic still on the cushions, they really can’t see themselves staying there.

Perhaps hire a real estate photographer (shouldn’t be more than $150 for a few pictures) and employ the services of a few friends pretending to be guests. They don’t need to show their faces just backs of heads in chairs surrounding the firepit/grill area, arms holding marhmellows over the fire, making coffee, etc.

pull that bed out, make it up with some fluffy bedding and pillows, close ups of the kitchen, and any amenities you offer- they don’t need to cost a lot. If you have a dollar tree, they have everything you need for laundry, coffee, toothbrushes, etc. 

Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @Lorie137 ,

I have to agree with several points from @Dawn241. You place looks nice, clean and a nice neighborhood though I would consider a professional photographer or just play with you camera to get stunning pictures, our AirBnB Community Center has some great tips: tricks.https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/746#:~:text=Set%20the%20scene%3A%20For%20a,showcase%20your%20spa....

You need the place to look more inviting. Some pictures on the walls,  open up the Murphy bed, take all covers (plastic off before pictures taken and even before guests arrive.  More close ups of your kitchen with cabinets open to highlight what kitchen ware you are providing.  Stage you place, possibly a table setting , open up the couch as personally I would not want to come into a home and start arranging furniture. 

Outside get pictures of where they can relax outdoors, flowers, etc. to make it more appealing.

One last thing have you done a comparative market analysis in you area to ensure your pricing is competitive?

You have a nice place, a few tweaks and I'm sure you will be OK.

Good luck and keep us in touch on how you are doing,

Kind regards,

Bettye6

Thanks so much I will try that 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Lorie137  Your place looks really nice, and I think you'll have great success. A few suggestions:

Is this unit attached to your house? If so, Guest Suite or Apartment might be a more suitable category. Entire home is misleading if this is connected to your home, and some guest will make trouble in the future about that. I couldn't really tell from the pictures what the unit is, or if it's attached to your home. If it is, then Entire Home is not the correct category. 

Take better pics and use the Caption feature. Captions help guests understand the layout of your property, and what goes where. At a minimum, take another picture of the bathroom without the toilet seat up. 

And....if the Murphy bed is the primary bed, you should probably list as a studio. Also, make the bed up. Right now the "where you'll sleep" photo is of the Murphy bed stowed away. A bit confusing.

Perhaps change your title to Citrus Ave Guest Suite? Back house is confusing. The kitchen area looks very dark in the photos. Are there other lights you can turn on when taking pics? 

I also couldn't tell what floor this is on. You show a pic with steps to the apartment, but there's also a photo of a lighted path to the apartment. That was confusing to me. 

It's a sweet little place, and I'm sure you'll have great success with it. 

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

@Lorie137 , I second what everyone else has posted here as far as suggestions to enhance your listing. Prior to listing your property on Airbnb, did you read up on the County of Los Angeles STR guidelines and or are in compliance with their STR regulations? That’s important as the County requires collection of TOT’s and remittance of those taxes to the County. County of Los Angeles Short Term Rental program guidelines can be found on the county’s website.

Best—

Patricia2526
Top Contributor
Manila, Philippines

Hello @Lorie137 

You have a beautiful home. 

Make sure your photos are updated the first 5 photos need to be your "Highlight Reel" that draw guests In. Create an inviting atmosphere that stands out from other listings.

uploading eye-catching photos to your listing is an effective way to guarantee ongoing inquiries and bookings.

Your photos should create a tour of your listing to help guests understand and “imagine themselves” in your space before they book. Hope this helps

Alyssa480
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I think photos that are a little lighter / brighter might help. You should be able to easily edit them in the photo app on your phone. And straighten some of the ones that are tilted / at an angle. Looks like a great place.

If you (or any other property owners you know) need a local co-host or cleaner for your property, let me know -- I know someone who's looking for more of this type of work in LA County. 🙂