Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Critique my listing in London

Critique my listing in London

Kindly critique my listing as I haven’t gotten a booking since I listed in August 😥

4e1d39ec-d73d-4553-a901-3b0b2c3b2381 copy.png

7 Replies 7
Jim-and-Caroline0
Level 5
Ekerö, Sweden

Hello @Sadiq11 

Congratulations on a fine property it looks good. Lots of photographs & looks clean. Price seems reasonable. Perhaps you could just check on the lighting on your photographs. Just lift the space a little bit. See the link. Hope this helps.

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/213

all the best to you keep up the good work, kind regards, Jim and Caroline

Gayatri11
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

Your apartment and pictures are lovely! 

If I were you though, id add a few eye-level photos or zoomed in photos of a few highlight features ☺️

All the best - wish you luck on your initial bookings soon! 

Celia530
Level 1
Boca Raton, FL

Hello Sadiq11,

I am new here and have no  very much experience. I'm going to take the risk to say something, as   I have  been very luck with my listing. Thank goodness.

1) I think you should show yourself. People like to see who they are deal with. Take a nice picture, show your smile. They want to see you happy with your business.

2) Your place need some decoration and better pictures: clear, and closer.

3) You don't need a lot additional pictures. One or two is good. People like to see comfortable and enjoyable place.

4) Your place is clean but don't show the energy of happiness.

5) Be creative, show a simple but enlightened place.

I wish you all the best,

Thank you very much for the opportunity to give my opinion.

Sincerely,

Celia

God blees us each and the whole world!

Alan1893
Level 1
Durham, NC

In your headline, instead of stating "London condo," focus on highlighting the amenities that will attract potential guests. Since people searching already know the area, emphasize features that will catch their attention. Remember, the headline and images are key to grabbing the interest of potential guests.

Oksana127
Level 10
Riga, Latvia

I’ve taken a look at both of your listings, and I’d be happy to offer some feedback to help improve your booking chances.

For Listing 1: https://ru.airbnb.com/rooms/1221326300469870535

1. Photos: The pictures you’ve included look nice, but it’s always beneficial to have a variety of angles for each space and some lifestyle shots to show how guests might enjoy the area. Make sure the lighting is bright and inviting. Consider adding some close-up shots of special features like comfortable seating, the bathroom amenities, or nearby attractions.

2. Title: Your current title is fairly generic. A more enticing and specific title can catch attention quickly. Try emphasizing a unique feature or highlight the location better. Something like “Charming Downtown Apartment with Scenic Views” or “Modern Escape Near Top Attractions.”

3. Description: While your description provides good information, try making it more engaging. Instead of listing features, tell a story. For example, "Wake up to breathtaking views in this modern, cozy apartment just minutes from the city's best dining and shopping." Add some personality to help potential guests imagine themselves there.

4. Pricing: You might want to review your pricing compared to similar listings in the area. New listings sometimes benefit from offering a slightly discounted rate to attract early reviews, which then help increase bookings in the future.

For Listing 2: https://ru.airbnb.com/rooms/1219777765423812521

1. Photos: Again, the photos are key. Consider taking high-quality images of not only the rooms but also amenities (like a coffee machine, patio, or balcony if you have one) and nearby attractions.

2. Title: Just like with Listing 1, make sure the title stands out. You could highlight something unique about the space or location to make it pop in search results. Something like "Stylish City Center Apartment, Steps from the Park" can work well.

3. Description: The same goes for your description. Make it more personal and engaging, emphasizing the experience rather than just the features. Mention nearby activities or landmarks to create excitement for potential guests.

4. Reviews: Since you don’t have reviews yet, guests may feel hesitant to book. Offering a slight discount for early guests can help build momentum and trust. Once you’ve secured a few positive reviews, your listing will start to pick up more traction.

Overall Suggestions:

• SEO: Use keywords in your title and description that guests might be searching for, like “close to downtown,” “family-friendly,” or “free parking.”
  • Respond Quickly: When you do get inquiries, be sure to respond quickly and positively to make a great first impression.
  • Promotions: Consider offering an introductory discount or special deal, such as free parking or late checkout, to entice those first few bookings.
  • Local Highlights: Make sure to mention any notable local attractions, restaurants, or parks in your description. Guests often choose a place based on proximity to activities and landmarks.

I hope these tips help! Best of luck with your listings, and I’m sure bookings will start to roll in soon.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Wow, @Oksana127  what incredible feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with @Sadiq11 👏

@Sadiq11, I’m eager to hear your thoughts on this feedback. What changes are you planning to implement in your listing?

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi! Mrs. Sadiq, I am really new at this as well. What I did when I started was called the Airbnb customer service, to ask them directly what they thought about my listing, and help me so much , from pricing to where to go to compare my listing to other listing in my area. Hope this helps.wish you all the best.