Custom Promotion option not available

Answered!
Ximena225
Level 2
Austin, TX

Custom Promotion option not available

My primary listing East Austin Boho Chic has over 5 bookings and has had 2 of them fulfilled. 

Yet the custom promotion option isn’t available stating I am not yet eligible. Eligibility is to have at least 3 bookings and I do. 

help. 

1 Best Answer

Hi @Ximena225 

Custom Promotions have other requirements as well besides the 3 bookings. My guess is your new listing doesn't meet the 60day median price requirement:

Why Can't I Set Custom Promotions For Certain Dates

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2719

"When we calculate the discounts, we look at the 60-day median price for each date. In other words, we line up all of the prices you had set for that date from lowest to highest, and the price that falls in the middle is the median. If we don’t have a 60-day median price for a date, it won’t be eligible for a promotion. The date must be:

• Currently unblocked
  • Unblocked for 28 of the last 60 days
  • Less than 90 days away"

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi @Ximena225 

Custom Promotions have other requirements as well besides the 3 bookings. My guess is your new listing doesn't meet the 60day median price requirement:

Why Can't I Set Custom Promotions For Certain Dates

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2719

"When we calculate the discounts, we look at the 60-day median price for each date. In other words, we line up all of the prices you had set for that date from lowest to highest, and the price that falls in the middle is the median. If we don’t have a 60-day median price for a date, it won’t be eligible for a promotion. The date must be:

• Currently unblocked
  • Unblocked for 28 of the last 60 days
  • Less than 90 days away"
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Ximena225 , Did you check out Joan's response? She has pretty much summed up useful article and points related to your question. Did you get a chance to cross check your median price? 

The article shared by Joan also gives an idea of how the median price works. Do keep us posted if you happen to explore it! Looking forward to hear from you! 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines