Driving Estimations to locations are inaccurate, which results in less business

Serdar44
Level 1
Chgo, IL

Driving Estimations to locations are inaccurate, which results in less business

AirBNB recently added this estimated driving time column on the search results...these estimations are very inaccurate. Our property is less than 10 minutes away from a ski resort which a lot of people search for the ski resort to get results and wants to be closer to the resort. It is showing our property being 18 minutes away from the ski resort and then places very far away are within 5 minutes range...I don't know how AirBNB pulls in this data which API that they are using but they need to fix this. It is costing the hosts business and costing them business...This is not good business for anyone...

3 Replies 3
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Serdar44, I am sorry to hear about this location issue.

Have you tried reaching out to the Support team for help? I am leaving the link here, just in case you find it useful: https://www.airbnb.co.za/help/contact-us/logged-out

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello @Paula , thank you for your response. Yes, I did reach out to them first and the phone support couldn't help me. Then, I actually sent a feedback for upper management to look into it. The API for driving data that they are utilizing is not a good one.

If they pulled the data from Google Maps for example, it would be different than what they are using which is inaccurate.

I hope they research it more. Thank you!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Serdar44, thank you for sharing this with the community. I will also make sure to pass this case along to the technical team.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad