Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Edit my listing - Delete an item

Edit my listing - Delete an item

I'm going to replace my sofa bed with a traditional sofa. I can't figure out how to delete the sofa bed from my listing on the new website format. It lists it as an additional bed.

15 Replies 15
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Mark5302 

You have four listings coming up and unless I'm mistaken none of them are with the new photo tour that comes with the early new winter release so to make the change from a sofa bed to a regular sofa you need to go into Rooms and Spaces.  Select the living room and where you see 1 against sofa bed, toggle it to zero and then add the new amenity of a sofa

Thanks for the reply. The format of my listings and how to edit them has changed. I can't find "rooms and spaces" anywhere.

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Mark5302 

From memory I think you have several listings so which one are you having a problem with?  None of your listings are with the new photo tour that some of us have opted in early as part of the Winter Release so it would seem that we do not have the same edition so it makes it more difficult for me to guide you. I'm sorry about that.

However, this will change by the end of this month when everyone normally gets switched to the Winter Release so changes afoot...

Mahigan1
Level 2
Val-Morin, Canada

Hello,

I am having the same kind of problem with the new platform. When I created my listing I added a sofa bed, deleted it, but it's still there, it never disappears.

Please scroll down my listing until the box "Where you will sleep" or something like that (mine is in French) and you'll see that sofa bed even though it's nowhere to be found in "Spaces".

Btw the listing is called "Rêve de Siam". That's the one.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Mahigan1, I am sorry about this, this indeed sounds strange.

I am reaching out to our lovely Host, @Joelle43, to see if she would like to share some insights on how to delete the sofa bed from your listing.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

@Joelle43Votre aide serait très appréciée. Le fait que le canapé-lit ne s'efface pas me cause des problèmes de réservations très fâcheux. J'ai parlé au soutien aux superhôtes Airbnb deux fois au cours des deux derniers mois. Ils ont reconnu le problème, mais rien ne bouge.

Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Mahigan1 

I wish I could be of more help but this really looks like a technical bug because, as you point out the listing says 1 bed in the description but the "Where you'll sleep" is showing up this mysterious sofa bed in the lounge.

I imagine you've tried deleting this room completely, not just the sofa bed?  There is someone else who is having exactly the same problem (@Samantha1370) so here is the thread:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Bed-count/m-p/1904431#M49453

@Paula do you think you can have a word with the tech team for @Mahigan as well  as that makes two hosts in two days that are having reservations cancelled because of this bug😱  Both hosts are with the new Photo Tour...

Keep us updated and really hope this gets sorted out soon🤞

Joëlle

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Joelle43 and @Mahigan1,

Yes, I can help by forwarding this case to the relevant team. However, since we are not part of the support team, they will contact @Mahigan1 directly with further advice.

Please keep us updated on how the situation progresses Mahigan 🙏

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Thank you @Joelle43 and @Paula for your answers.

That is something that I flagged to the support team months ago. To no avail unfortunately.

Yesterday I asked to talk to a supervisor to try and escalate the issue. Let's see what happens. I must say I don't have much hope in the short term.

Yes, I tried to delete the "lounge" space entirely. Strangely, even when the space is deleted, the sofa bed still shows in the "Where you'll sleep" section.

Also, notice that there's no picture. Normally, in that section, there are pictures accompanying the beds. As a test I added a bed in the lounge and all of a sudden pictures appeared. It's as if there's a lingering faulty code somewhere...

Anyway, I won't be the first to raise my hand in the future when asked to use a new update.

Thanks for your help.

Lawrence324
Level 2
Surrey, Canada

Also having this issue.  We have 2 sofa beds but we don't want to promote them as a place to sleep.  It's more for lounging and the occasional guest with kids.  Now our studio listing says 3 beds and there is no way to change it.

@Lawrence324 , @Mark5302 

Go to the room in photos where you have the sofa beds (Living Room). Under the photos are several options including "sleeping arrangements." Remove the sofa beds under sleeping arrangements. This will remove the sofa beds from the number of beds and the "Where You'll Sleep" section:

Joan2709_1-1718898225031.png

Joan2709_0-1718898099974.png

Thanks ❤️ we ended up figuring it out but hopefully this is helpful to someone in the future.