Experienced guests options on new listing

Answered!

Experienced guests options on new listing

On a brand-new listing, turning off the experienced guests option when "Instant book" is enabled didn't work. I turned it off yesterday to allow a friend with a brand-new account to book my listing, and he is still unable to book it, even message me.
Is this a bug?
I tried turning off Instant Book on and off, still no luck.

Marjori
1 Best Answer

I think I just understood what was going!

My partner, Bruno, who is the main host on the listing, had his 'First guest must be experienced' setting on! So I just turned it off on his account. That must fix the issue, since he was a first-time host. 

I didn't have this setting available because I already am a super host and already had first guests.
Marjori

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Marjori221 

For instant book check your instant book settings if you have good Guests checked yes then because no trips on his account.

The inability to message you, I would suggest he try an messaged another hist.  To see if his account or your account?

That is the setting I was referring to, it is currently off, and still, new guests can't book.

Marjori

@Marjori221 

Just because I am confused Haha I claim old age

One of your listing has Experienced Guest only, your other 2 lists had that turned off.  Is he trying to book that first listing?  on that listing he wouldn't be able to message you.

@Marjori221 

For the listing you have "Experienced First Guest" set (Saxophone Loft), you have to turn off in your Account Settings to accept a booking from your friend who has no trips yet:

Joan2709_0-1725212605970.png

If you want to ensure your friend can book, turn OFF Instant Book (so someone else doesn't book the dates he wants), then update your Experienced First Guest in your Account Settings to "Any Airbnb Guest." He'll then be able to send a trip request for the dates he wants. Accept his trip request and if you want to use Instant Book after that, just turn that back on:

Click Profile Photo

Account

Your First Guest

Joan2709_1-1725211679173.png

Joan2709_2-1725211738633.png

Thanks, Joan!

I went to the listing and turned off Instant Book. But, I don't see that option you mentioned called "Your First Guest" under the account settings. I think there must be a bug on my account? Or I am on some beta configuration?

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 2.11.07 PM.png

Marjori

@Marjori221 

That is strange....You are the primary host on the listing correct? Try clicking the Saxophone Loft Listing page first, then click your profile photo/account. 

If that doesn't work you'll have to contact Airbnb CS for assistance.

Just tried it, and no luck.

I will contact Airbnb CS, but do you know if there is a page for me to submit it? I can't call the Superhost Support as I am travelling overseas, and my SIM card isn't working for calls at the moment. 

Marjori

@Marjori221 

On the Listing page scroll down a bit...you'll see "Contact Us"

Joan2709_0-1725215030429.png

I think I just understood what was going!

My partner, Bruno, who is the main host on the listing, had his 'First guest must be experienced' setting on! So I just turned it off on his account. That must fix the issue, since he was a first-time host. 

I didn't have this setting available because I already am a super host and already had first guests.
Marjori

@Marjori221 

Yay! Glad you figured it out! 😊. Thanks for letting us know here in case another Host has the same problem!